View Poll Results: Would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

59 76.62%
  • NO

18 23.38%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple yes or no...would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by onfire
    What kind of proof do you need to confirm I'm a single user that bought the program from Jesse Bubb in the spring? Go to LS1tech and run a search on my name "onfire"...you'll find I've been a moderator since 2001 and have not been a vendor for anything.

Call jesse and confirm my purchase if you want to....just don't start factless rumors based on how you smell.
    I'm not starting any rumors, factless (which is redundant) or otherwise, and I never mentioned anyone by name, so why do you have your bowels in such an uproar? It's one thing to ask for something, it's another to whine and moan ad nauseum. I also never implied that anyone was trying to sell anything. However, I've seen countless posts on other forums by people who were just trying to start a controversy, or attempting to make a product look bad so people would have reservations about buying it. You've asked about tutorials, you've been answered several times and you keep asking. Call me cynical, but that raises a flag in my opinion. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum who have and will continue to contribute excellent information. If you honestly want a tutorial so badly, why don't YOU volunteer to put one together. All you have to do is assemble the information that's sent to you, then post it for review by people with tuning experience. You could also review it and request additional information for topics you feel weren't covered in sufficient detail.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

Questions???

Are you guys talking about a comprehensive tuning tutorial or a cookbook type tutorial?

A comprehensive tutorial would be a massive work.

As for cookbook....well, it's cookbook! There are so many parameters!

I'm not knocking the idea I just wonder if you guys really realise the amount of tuning info you harbor in your own cortex?? In order to understand tuning there is a whole lot of 4 cycle knowledge in there also.

Sincerely, No flames......but I think maybe you guys don't appreciate the cumulative wealth of knowledge here.

My .02

Cheers,
    joel

man who said no??? ...why would you not like the newbies to get real step by step how-to info..

its very simple no help no sales if you dont show us how to tune then we the new and potential customer will go elsewhere.

I think more important than knowing "how", is knowing "why" you make a change.

Having a guide that has perhaps 20 steps that someone brainlessly follows doesn't really help anyone. There are probably very few things that will work out the same on every persons combo.

If a person just want to get a car tuned they may as well just take it to a shop, hand over the money and be done with it.

People need to understand what effect the change they are making might have on other parts of their tune.

Most people don't buy a hammer and make their first project building a house. People would be well advised to spend a good deal of time looking at the stickys in the section of this and other forums and get an appreciation for what other people have done, both good and bad.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne

Having a guide that has perhaps 20 steps that someone brainlessly follows doesn't really help anyone. There are probably very few things that will work out the same on every persons combo.

If a person just want to get a car tuned they may as well just take it to a shop, hand over the money and be done with it.

People need to understand what effect the change they are making might have on other parts of their tune.

Most people don't buy a hammer and make their first project building a house. People would be well advised to spend a good deal of time looking at the stickys in the section of this and other forums and get an appreciation for what other people have done, both good and bad.
    Yes, I agree with this.

I don’t think people are looking for 20 brainless steps to tune an engine.
    Most people like myself have probably scoured the forums and read all the information they could find.
    The information we are after is more like "what are the basic procedures to follow in some logical format" and if we have problems with this process we can ask the forums for help.
    Why do we need to reinvent the wheel each time? It's just crazy.
    It would probably take quite a load off you guys.

Regards,

Neil.

you still dont get it .. you have to know "how" first then the "why" would be alot easyer to understand......

hey man i sent ya my radix truck tune its still not downloadable..

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3
    hey man i sent ya my radix truck tune its still not downloadable..
    Really? I'm sure I added it, it was a modified tune wasn't it, and FI tune. Are you sure it isn't this one http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/b...t/00000014.tun? the description is Radix Supecharger.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Really? I'm sure I added it, it was a modified tune wasn't it, and FI tune. Are you sure it isn't this one http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/b...t/00000014.tun? the description is Radix Supecharger.
    Tordne thanks for a great website hope more people would share there tunes thou. its a big big help to efilive newbies too.

about my tune its the one under 05 GMC Sierra .. i dont see the download icon.

A NO vote generally will mean:

1. I make a living by tuning and don't want to dilute my market.

2. I've "earned my bones" by hard work/trial and error....you should earn yours.

3. I'm selfish.

4. I have a legitimate reason for not wanting additional information about tuning shared with the masses.

5. I'm HPT and we are greatly increasing our market share by increasing our tutorials and technology. Hopefully, our competition will stick their head in the sand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast