Thread: Reduced Power Mode but No DTC

Default Reduced Power Mode but No DTC

I am working on a 2001 Corvette. I tried to increse fuel by 3% and left everything else the same from the stock tune. I flashed the PCM and went to go for a run and it went into reduced power mode. There is no check engine light or anything like that. I went into the table C6101 which is the expected airflow table and incresed all the values by 10%. Same thing. Went back in a did another 10% with still the same results. I have the tune file and the log file if anyone wants me to post it up. Just for info this car has a Weiand Intake manifold, K&N intake kit, exhaust etc... They are changes that would mean an increase in airflow but nothing major like heads or cams, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lifetime Member

20% is not enough try values like 50% or bigger and it will stop when you are finished you can create a histogram log the values and plug them back in + 20% and you are done
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

I don't think that table is the problem only becuase right there in the description it says that if the values get exceeded then the check engine light will come on. I don't think I have exceeded those numbers raising the values 20% and also because there was never a check engine light when the car goes into reduced power mode. I did notice that it does text it across the bottom of the dashboard "reduced power mode". Any other ideas??? I am going to try raising it 50% in a bit so i'll let you know on that but I think it's doubtful.

Lifetime Member

Are you seeing P1514 when you scan the dtc's and is this the first time the car has been tuned?
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

P1514 has never surfaced at all. This vehicle came to us with a predator tune in it. I read PCM data and saved that file. Then I put the stock tune back into it and read that and saved with efi live also. So starting with the stock tune I added 3% more to upper rpm and load ranges of the VE table where I was seeing a little bit of knock retard. I reflashed pcm and it ran like crap. I reflashed stock tune and it ran fine. I reflashed with 2% more fuel and same thing. Then I upped the C6101 table 10%, same result. Then 10% more and same result. I just don;t think thats it because it states prety clearly that if it exceeds the values in the table it will pop up the code and I have never had a code. There is also not any huge differences in airflow like a cam I wouldn't think.