Thread: Clarity to these T43 Shift Pressure Peramiters

Default Clarity to these T43 Shift Pressure Peramiters

Hi all, searched and searched for hours, did find one thread about the topic, but it was not rrelivent to the T43 6L80E Truck/SUV transmissions.

Below are 2 images, both from optional 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT programming. (1) is for the 24242131 18" Rim option, and the other is from the 24246751 22" Rim option...

In Both pictures is the Parameters located under the Shift Pressures tables.
    The 18" calibration has Pattern 1 selected as the drop down menu item in the cell D7010
    The 22" calibration has Performance/Sport selected as the drop down menu item in the cell D7010

Edit: Fat fingered one of the copy and pastes in this specific table. Weird that EFI live when you do a blanket copy and paste to these tables will automatically change that specific cell to Performance/sport. I scanned through the stock roms and could no0t find where I changed it, or that it even existed. I can repeat it though. So we can ignore the basis of it being changed, and something for the EFI live developers to check within the bounds of internal copy and paste. However, I would still like clarity to the selections below.

Any one have clarity on these specific selections and what they mean?
    Options for these selectable patterns in this cell are:
    Normal
    Performance/Sport
    Cruise
    Winter
    Trailer
    Load Management
    Warm up
    Pattern 1
    Pattern 2
    Pattern 3
    Pattern 4
    Eco

This is one of the few minor differences I see within the different calibration ID's for the same vehicle model and year.

18" Rom Shift Pressure Parameter Image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18RomShiftPressure.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	23669

22" Rom Shift Pressure Parameter Image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22RomShiftPressure.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	23670

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ryan
    Last edited by raceghost; February 23rd, 2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raceghost
    Edit: Fat fingered one of the copy and pastes in this specific table. Weird that EFI live when you do a blanket copy and paste to these tables will automatically change that specific cell to Performance/sport. I scanned through the stock roms and could no0t find where I changed it, or that it even existed. I can repeat it though. So we can ignore the basis of it being changed, and something for the EFI live developers to check within the bounds of internal copy and paste. However, I would still like clarity to the selections below.
    Is this still happening...?

Is this still happening...?
    Yes. I can recreate every time I blanket copy and blanket past in this specific section and tables.

Quote Originally Posted by raceghost View Post
    Yes. I can recreate every time I blanket copy and blanket past in this specific section and tables.
    With V7 software, I take it.

Ya, even on the latest release. Is 8 up and running yet?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raceghost View Post
    I can confirm that the copy/paste issue is a fault in the V7 software. When pasting the V7 software is only comparing the first character of the value being pasted before "deciding" it has a match for the cell's value.
    In the list of available values for that first cell, the "Performance/Sport" value is the first one in the list that begins with the letter "P" which is incorrectly being matched to the first letter of the value being pasted "Pattern 1".
    The same thing happens with the "Pressure Pattern" values. If you copy/paste all of those, they all change to "Pattern A" which is the first value beginning with P. You may want to check that your "Pressure Patterns" are all still set to the correct values - they look like they've been changed incorrectly/inadvertently too.

Will fix in the next update of V7.

V8 is available for editing T43, however it is still in beta and it is not recommended that you update your production systems to the beta version. If you have a second/spare PC that you can load the V8 beta version onto then you could edit using that.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-V8-3-5-Beta-4
    We hope to have a release candidate available soon that you can use on production systems.

Also, in V8 you can right-click on the table and select "Copy/Paste Default Settings" which allows you to choose various copy/paste settings, one of which is "Copy Enumerated Text". That option determines whether the software copies the underlying numerical value for a text based cell or it's actual text value. You can copy/paste within V8 tables using either numeric or text values.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Blacky, I was wondering if it was something like that. No worries. Hoping for V.8 soon.