Thread: Flashing cm2450 2021 and have $0549 ignition off after failed flash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flashing cm2450 2021 and have $0549 ignition off after failed flash

flashed yesterday and it stopped for some reason. I didn't get the error code. Then I try that flash again and a stock flash and both times get $0549. Truck had aftermarket added remote start I think tripped something during initial flash. I didn't know it had this. I disconnected before retrying.

I have even tried bench flashing at this point... To rule out anything on the truck.. Still says ECM not detected.. $0549 ignition not switched on..

Is this thing bricked? Im not really looking forward to seeing price tag on a brand new ecu..

Price tag is hideous on these (you really don't want to know), it should be recoverable but lots of questions first.

What software version were you flashing with?
    Can you attach a trace of the last flash (the one that failed).
    Was your .ctz source file ok, eg correct year model and came from a reputable source.
    Was the file modified outside EFILive before flashing?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

yeah it was just at dodge and they gave up on it trying to save the ecu there, nothing there would attempt communication. Said $3600 for one.. let me see what I can get together and I will attach it. I am on my Mac right now. It was modified outside as it is not emissions compliant.

it did throw a $0371 transfer suspended on the first flash

It will still be recoverable but you need a bench harness that can force the ECM into ROMBOOT mode (don't buy a new ECM).
    Given the file you are using was modified outside of EFILive there is nothing that is in the trace that will be of any assistance, it may or may not have been something done in that file that caused it (nearly impossible to know).
    I can put you in contact with someone that can at least recover the ECM for you if that is a path you want to go down rather than investing in a bench harness etc.

Where are you located?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I could use the same help as I have had the exact same issue (came here to see what the fix was...)

2021 Ram 2500 failed $0371 / $71 and immediate $0549 after. AutoCal will no longer communicate with the OBD (Says it cannot read it)

I am in Austin Texas

Quote Originally Posted by delzey100 View Post
    I could use the same help as I have had the exact same issue (came here to see what the fix was...)

2021 Ram 2500 failed $0371 / $71 and immediate $0549 after. AutoCal will no longer communicate with the OBD (Says it cannot read it)

I am in Austin Texas
    Did you contact the tuner that sold you the AutoCal ?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Did you contact the tuner that sold you the AutoCal ?
    Indeed. He said he would be glad to recover the ECM for me. All I would need to do is send him the ECM and he will recover it for me. If I send him the ECM and my AutoCal, he would even flash the tune on there for me. The issue is that I am in Texas and he is in Canada. For me to get it to him in 4 business days is $200

Selfishly, I am hoping to find someone local instead, being without the tuck kinda blows :(
    Last edited by delzey100; September 22nd, 2021 at 02:11 AM.