View Poll Results: What subject matter is most important to you in a Tutorial?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Step-by-Step how to tune my combo

6 15.79%
  • Tuning concepts (general)

3 7.89%
  • Tuning concepts (applied to EFILive)

25 65.79%
  • I have no idea what I want, I just want more tutorials

1 2.63%
  • Just say NO to more tutorials

1 2.63%
  • Other - Please specify

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope of Tutorials

Default Scope of Tutorials

There seems to be a good push to increase the number of tutorials. As stated in many threads, some tutorials are not feasable, and others may be.

This poll is so we can get a better idea of what possible future tutorials should cover.

I'd vote for 1-3 ... some general info is important to understanding what is happening (e.g., why is 14.63 a good thing as for AFR), some things when applied to or with EFILive, as well as some step-by-step howtos to get people started ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

For what its worth, we also believe better documentation and tutorials are required for EFILive. What started out as a "not too complicated" scan tool for LS1 engines has now grown into a complete tuning system for multiple vehicle platforms and will soon be expanding even further.

The documentation/tutorial requirements are being addressed behind the scenes and if you have technical documentation writing skills and would like to participate in making EFILive even better, please contact me directly at paul@efilive.com.

And remember, EFI University (www.efi101.com) has put together an EFILive specific tuning course. As soon as it is ready and if you can spare the time, I highly recommend attending.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

One of the problems I have been having while starting out is all the acronyms the experianced guys throw out. IFR, PE, TCC etc.. Sometimes post can be littered with acroyms (which is not a bad thing) and it is hard for me to try and understand what they are talking about. I have yet to find a glossary that list them all and explaind what each is, and where is can be found in the tunning and scan tool.
    EFILive newbie

1999 Camaro SS A4 | LME Forged 347 | Yank SS4000 Stall | 226/234 Cam | Patriot LS6 Style heads 2.055 / 1.57 57cc 11.3 SCR | FLP Long tube headers

Glossary is one of the things that definitely needs to be around ... there's a start of one (though yet w/o explainations, just the long version) in the Wiki ...

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    Glossary is one of the things that definitely needs to be around ... there's a start of one (though yet w/o explainations, just the long version) in the Wiki ...
    What is the "Wiki"
    EFILive newbie

1999 Camaro SS A4 | LME Forged 347 | Yank SS4000 Stall | 226/234 Cam | Patriot LS6 Style heads 2.055 / 1.57 57cc 11.3 SCR | FLP Long tube headers

Lifetime Member

what we should do is tailor the methods to given problems. so we'd start with:
    I [do|do not] have a wideband and i am tuning [1998...2006] [fbody|vette|gto] for a [NA|spray|FI] application.

from that on, different parts would appear or disappear depending on what is applicable.

generally tho, we need to start with concepts, and just use EFILive or HPT as examples (it would be really easy to write for both of them since the concepts are the same, just slightly different look/feel to them) and maybe that way people would get it that frontends dont matter, only concepts.

Guess it's like the old saying about not giving fish, but teaching how to fish ... The HowTos are kind of the fish (which newbies need to get started at all), while the knowledge of what they're doing will keep them going

The "Wiki" is just a way of jointly writing up information, in more or less organized manor ("more" I hope) so that others can access that information. Best example is most certainly Wikipedia (you may have heard about it )

1-3 would be my selection
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Lifetime Member

Acronyms can be looked up on the internet anywhere. As far as tutorials for everything... I don't think it is possible. The best most simple thing that could be done would be to just expand on the basic explanation given when you pull up each map on the tuning software. Something like IAC, what it is , and what effect messing with it will do to the running of the car and or how it migh effect some other table.. You get the idea. I think??
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast