Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not caring for the new update

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Looks like you may have "Interpolate" and "Fill to edges" switched on.
    Right-click on the map and select the "Copy/Paste Default Settings" option and make sure it looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpds.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	23746

More info about interpolate and fill to edges:

Name:	ifte.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	23747

(edit: I will also fix that documentation - it repeats itself and
    has a grammatical error, this is just not correct English: "boundaries defined by labels a on the clipboard")

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; March 22nd, 2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I did have interpolate ticked. I have never been in that section so I'm not sure how that happened.

Anyways I figured out the problem. I noticed in your scan you have the title as KR. I had the original title of {B5913_B5914} Retard due to knock (SD).map. When I changed the name to KR it worked. So I changed the name back and it didn't work like it had been. After messing around with it for a while the problem was } When I removed that it worked again. Must be the V8 does not work with that character. Hopefully this helps other people out.

Also I noticed a little typo. Under available PIDs RAFPN is typed as REFPN
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

The { and } characters are definitely the cause of the problem and that needs to be fixed, thanks for finding and tracking down the fault. As you originally stated, that issue was not caught in our internal testing and it should have been.

The problem is caused because the copy/paste feature allows you to copy data tables from the V7 and/or V8 scripts and then paste that table data into a table in V8 or you can copy data from a table in V7 or V8 and then paste that data as a table data into a script.

I.e. the right-click menu option: "Copy As Lua Source (Shift+Alt+C)" creates the correct Lua syntax for a data table in a script file.
    E.g. assume you highlighted this text and selected "Copy As Lua Source (Shift+Alt+C)"

Name:	copy_source.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	23750

Then you can paste that data into a Lua script like this:

Name:	copy_lua.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	23749
    That Lua source code contains the { and } characters at the start and end of the table and the start and end of each row.

When you go the other way, copy a Lua table from a script and paste it into a table in the tune tool, EFILive only pastes the data between the { and } characters.
    So when you "copied with labels" from the V7 map the first line looked something like this (with "LABELS" as the very first thing in the data):

LABELS CYLAIR {B5913_B5914} Retard due to knock (SD).map

EFILive V8 incorrectly (and naively) stripped off all characters that were not within the { and } characters, which left the first line looking like this:

B5913_B5914

Then EFILive V8 looked for the text "LABELS" and since it could not find that text it showed the error message that there were no labels in the data on the clipboard.

I'll get that fixed in the next update.
    Again, thanks for taking the time to figure out the problem.

Regards
    Paul

Thank you for working on this for me. Looking forward to the new update.
    05 Joe Gibbs black RCSB ram air hood, Leer tonneau, blacked out tail and head lights. Forged 370, Eagle crank, Wiseco pistons, Compstar Rods, Pro Flo XT intake, KB Racing log, spool valve, T6 S480 1.32 A/R, boost activated cutout, TSP 2.5 5.3l heads, Comp Cam 224/230 .600 with rockers, comp cams 1.75 roller rockers, dual Walbro 450's, Injector Dynamics id1300's, 4l80e w/3200 multidisk Circle D, trutrac w/3.73's, 3"DI/DO Magnaflow, tips through the roll pan, running COS3 Semi OLSD OS#12592618

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTASBC View Post
    Also I noticed a little typo. Under available PIDs RAFPN is typed as REFPN
    Where exactly is that typo? Can you please provide a screen shot?

See this article on how to capture screen shots:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-6db63e36fbb9

Regards
    Paul

Feel free to move rename and or delete this post if you want to keep things cleaned up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-23 175918.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	23751  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123