Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March 2021, V8.3.5 RC 1

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default March 2021, V8.3.5 RC 1

NEW RELEASE CANDIDATE SOFTWARE IS NOW AVAILABLE. PLEASE SEE LATEST RC SOFTWARE FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS
    Release Candidate 1
    This version of the EFILive software and firmware is a release candidate. That means it has successfully completed beta testing and may be used in production environments.
    The "Check for Updates" options in the V7.5 and V8 software have not been activated yet. They will be activated when the release is promoted to a full public release.

The current public release is available here.

Attention:
    V7.5 no longer supports installation to Windows XP or Windows Vista. This change is due to SHA1 having been deprecated by digital certificate authorities. More info on SHA1
    V7.5 and V8 are now only supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

WARNING:
    Due to the new security/encryption option in this release, all tune files saved using V7.5.34 or V8.3.5 of the software or V2.07.169 or V3.00.059 of the firmware will no longer be compatible with older versions of the V7 or V8 software. If you distribute tune files to other users (i.e. your customers), the recipients must be:

• using version V7.5.34 or V8.3.5 or a later version of the software.
    • using version V2.07.169 or V3.00.059 or a later version of the firmware.

Full Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.34 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.5 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.062 (Mar 25, 2021).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.172 (Mar 25, 2021); Boot Block: V2.08.009 (Feb 27, 2021)

Download here:

Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    Importing JTAG E86B files may result in a Boot Software segment checksum error.
    Workaround:None.
    Don't flash imported files with checksum errors. Don't use the EFILive software to correct checksum errors for the E86B imported files as that does not fix the underlying cause of the checksum error - it just masks the error(s) and causes additional problems.
    We are working on a solution to that problem.

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; April 6th, 2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: New Release available
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Finally made the move to v8 logging and been running this release today and a few times when saving the cursor got stuck spinning around after "Save as" and the program crashed.

I've been using a serial WB with FSV2 for years, but noticed today the 2nd WB channel doesn't display on the log. I am running the TechEdge 3H1, according to their info, both channels are available on the serial stream at byte 6 & 7. These bytes are either lambda-16 or Ipx(0) depending if its a single channel or dual channel wideband.

Can we have an option to select a dual channel TechEdge 2.0 Data stream, and thus bytes 6 & 7 are interpreted as Lambda for CH0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Finally made the move to v8 logging and been running this release today and a few times when saving the cursor got stuck spinning around after "Save as" and the program crashed.

I've been using a serial WB with FSV2 for years, but noticed today the 2nd WB channel doesn't display on the log. I am running the TechEdge 3H1, according to their info, both channels are available on the serial stream at byte 6 & 7. These bytes are either lambda-16 or Ipx(0) depending if its a single channel or dual channel wideband.

Can we have an option to select a dual channel TechEdge 2.0 Data stream, and thus bytes 6 & 7 are interpreted as Lambda for CH0 ?
    Can you please create a support ticket with the relevant info, log files etc here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket

I'll look into the TechEdge dual band option. Were you able to log dual channels on TechEdge in the V7 scan tool?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Can you please create a support ticket with the relevant info, log files etc here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket

I'll look into the TechEdge dual band option. Were you able to log dual channels on TechEdge in the V7 scan tool?

Regards
    Paul

Did you want a support ticket for all topics or just the crashing?

Will test in v7 today - from memory I dont think dual channels ever worked. I remember trying once when it was released, these days doing more high performance V engines, I want to have both banks monitored.

Also noticed a cal issue on the CYLAIR for B7936, 12688025, the 3D graph doesn't seem to scale to the axis so it looks ok in 3D.
    Axis Values:

0.40 <---
    2.00 <---
    3.60 <---
    5.20 <---
    6.80 <---
    0.04 <---

I just noticed the Calculated PID editor doesnt accept underscore "_" in the PID name, although its supported in EFILive defined Calc.PIDs and could be used in the past in the text files.

(Loving the new v8 format, once I've gotten used to it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    CI'll look into the TechEdge dual band option.
    Tech Edge's web site explains that the dual Ipx channels require non-linear, interpolated lookup tables (for each different sensor type) to convert from Ipx (pump current) to Lambda-16.
    http://wbo2.com/sw/lambda-16.htm
    It appears as if the 3H1 has two Ipx channels and no Lambda-16 channels.
    Without those lookup tables, then FlashScan can't accurately convert the Ipx values into lambda values.

Regards
    Paul

Did you want a support ticket for all topics or just the crashing?
    Just the crashing

Will test in v7 today - from memory I dont think dual channels ever worked. I remember trying once when it was released, these days doing more high performance V engines, I want to have both banks monitored.
    I checked, V7 did not support dual channels. V2 does not support dual channels.

Also noticed a cal issue on the CYLAIR for B7936, 12688025, the 3D graph doesn't seem to scale to the axis so it looks ok in 3D.
    Axis Values:

0.40 <---
    2.00 <---
    3.60 <---
    5.20 <---
    6.80 <---
    0.04 <---
    That axis is also used for the following cals, so will be wrong on those too:

B7934 Cam Position Low Baro
    B7935 Cam Position Med Baro
    B7936 Cam Position High Baro
    B7937 Cam Position, AFM Mode
    B7954 Cam Position Low Baro
    B7955 Cam Position Med Baro
    B7956 Cam Position High Baro
    B7957 Cam Position, AFM Mode

Looking into it...

Regards
    Paul

Thanks a lot for this version
    One question , Some times when we flashed a E38 or E67 file for a vehicle that was tuned before with handheld like Diablo with V8 it will make checksum error so we forced to flash it back with 7.5
    So after switching to V8 and FS3 how could we flash the file using V7.5 ??
    will there be any fix for this issue in V8 like you make in E92 ?
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Thanks a lot for this version
    One question , Some times when we flashed a E38 or E67 file for a vehicle that was tuned before with handheld like Diablo with V8 it will make checksum error so we forced to flash it back with 7.5
    So after switching to V8 and FS3 how could we flash the file using V7.5 ??
    will there be any fix for this issue in V8 like you make in E92 ?
    Investigating...
    Can you please create a support ticket for this so that it does not get overlooked/lost/forgotten about.
    https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket

Thanks
    Paul

I just noticed the Calculated PID editor doesnt accept underscore "_" in the PID name, although its supported in EFILive defined Calc.PIDs and could be used in the past in the text files.

(Loving the new v8 format, once I've gotten used to it!)
    Will be fixed in next update.
    Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast