Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with used LML ecm !!!!

Default Need help with used LML ecm !!!!

Hello everyone, Iam new to the EFILIVE community and trying to learn as much as I can before asking questions,I am from Ontario, Canada, that being said, I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what I am missing or doing wrong.......So here is my situation.
    I have recently purchased a 2016 Silverado 3500HD High Country CC dually from a private seller, he advised me that the truck had a "tune" installed on it in order to block some of the DTC's that could allow it to reach reduced engine power related to the DPF system, it also makes the DPF level gauge always read FULL, which prevents any warning messages.I am not looking to do any type of delete on my truck, I want to keep all emissions intact as it is registered as commercial and I am required to do annual emissions testing in order to renew my plates.From my understaning, this tune has turned off some of the "system readiness" which in turn seems to disable any of the DPF warnings, it still does proper system regens as required but because the ecm is "modified" it will not pass our provincial emissions testing !!

Now I will explain where I am at with all this.....I do realize and respect that this tune in my ECM and TCM are both locked by the original programmer, and that I do want to keep this tune in my truck and that the E86B LML controllers cannot be read, I decided to just go purchase a new ECM from GM and flash it with the latest calibrations for my truck using my GM SPS subscription and gm factory GM MDI. After reaching out to my local dealer, they advised me that there were no ECM's currently available and are currently on back order, I wasn't interested in waiting so i went online and purchased not 1, but 2 used ECM's that came from the EXACT same year, make and model truck, once I received my first ECM, i proceeded to purchase a VIN license and a GM tuning license for my FlashScan V3, Ithen proceeded to locate and download the corresponding stock tune files that appear to match my TIS calibrations. I then preformed a full flash while inputting my proper VIN number, my next step was to log on to GM SPS and check for any calibration updates, which there was , so I preformed the update, all seemed well, no errors. Now, here is where the problem starts.........I have tried every way I can think of to preform the immobilizer relearn , the typical 30 minute relearn didn't work, so I followed the instructions as per SPS immobilizer relearn instructions, which takes about 12 minutes, and once the relearn procedure is complete, I get an error message saying " Failure FE05 security code input incorrect", then when I scan the ECM for trouble codes, I get codes P0513, Incorrect Immobilizer key and P1631, Theft deterent start enable signal not correct. Then , my second ECM came in , so I tried the same procedures with this one in case maybe there was something wrong with my first one, but I end up with the exact same results !! At this point I'm starting to get a little frustrated so I called GM SI, their SPS tech support line, went through all the above mentioned steps with them , but everything came to a halt when I told them it was a USED ecm !!!!! they flat out told me that it is impossible to reflash an E86B engine control module that has already been flashed to a previous vehicle, regardless if they are identical, they were adamant that it is impossible to reuse an LML ecm on another truck !!!! so I said "thank you and good bye" !!!! I am NOT convinced of their response, I did NOT tell them that I had a FlashScan V3 and that I was capable of preforming FULL ECM re-writes as I knew they would not support that !!!

So now I am here looking for some knowledgeable help form anybody who could shed some light on weather or not what I am trying to achieve is even possible or did I just "Brick" 2 used ECM's !! I am convinced that there is a way based on information I have read online where there are some online retailers that advertise " used and refurbished LML ECM's" that can be purchased just by providing them your VIN and they send you a USED ecm already flashed and that when you install it, that it will do and immobilizer relearn on the fist key cycle !!!
    Any help, public or private would be greatly appreciated !!!! I'm not just looking for a hand out, I really want to learn how to resolve this issue if it"s even possible !!!!

There is different way to help you , 1st you should provide what OP System the truck is using or provide the complete VIN . I can make you a file to start with and test your used ecm, that are not brick I guess .

Quote Originally Posted by modpcm View Post
    There is different way to help you , 1st you should provide what OP System the truck is using or provide the complete VIN . I can make you a file to start with and test your used ecm, that are not brick I guess .
    Thank you for responding !!

VIN: 1GC4K1E85GF190451
    OP system : 12669774

Have you successfully flashed a used E86 controller with a new Vin ? And did you have to use SPS for the immobilizer relearn ?

Check your private message

The moderators will not allow me to send or receive P.M's for some reason.......

thank you again !!!!!!
    I will try this file on my truck tomorrow and get back to you with the results !!!

Cheers !!!

Just loaded both files and did a compare, I do see the small change you made , but I'm wondering if B2511 and B2513 should also be disabled? or does it even matter?

Normally I wouldn't say that on engine parameters that involved timing or boost but on those give it a try , learning Boschism design by trial and error

Check your email, still no crank , no start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast