Thread: Buddy trying to get his 1992 4x4 s10 blazer with gen III v8.

Default Buddy trying to get his 1992 4x4 s10 blazer with gen III v8.

My buddy just build a really cool s10 blazer with a 5.3. He said he has paid black bear to do a tune but they are going on 3 weeks and still no tune.
    The problem he's having is that when it's cold started it will run ok (not great cold) Then when it warms up it will die if you put it in reverse or switch back to drive. Won't idle right. Fuel mixture seems off from the base tune that BB sent him.
    I am computer savvy and he is not but he knows engines. We were hoping between the two of us, we could get it running decent while he waits for black bear's tune. Any suggestions on how we could possibly tune it with EFI live and autocal V2.
    We are green as spring grass on this but I'm good with software if we had a little instruction. He thinks its just set up too rich to run right at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodtrucker View Post
    My buddy just build a really cool s10 blazer with a 5.3. He said he has paid black bear to do a tune but they are going on 3 weeks and still no tune.
    The problem he's having is that when it's cold started it will run ok (not great cold) Then when it warms up it will die if you put it in reverse or switch back to drive. Won't idle right. Fuel mixture seems off from the base tune that BB sent him.
    I am computer savvy and he is not but he knows engines. We were hoping between the two of us, we could get it running decent while he waits for black bear's tune. Any suggestions on how we could possibly tune it with EFI live and autocal V2.
    We are green as spring grass on this but I'm good with software if we had a little instruction. He thinks its just set up too rich to run right at the moment. Thanks for any help!
    If you have a autocal from BBP then only he can send you tunes to load on it. IF you have a V2 interface then you can adjust the tune and flash it.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    If you have a autocal from BBP then only he can send you tunes to load on it. IF you have a V2 interface then you can adjust the tune and flash it.
    We have autocal from BBP. So does that mean we can't do anything but wait for BBP to send us something?

Lifetime Member

That is correct.