Thread: Learning 68RFE tuning

Default Learning 68RFE tuning

Hello everyone, I've come across some tunes on the internet for previous model Rams (14/15 MY). I have the stock file for our '17 and would like to learn to build a transmission tune for it. I'm not going to flash the truck anytime soon as we still have warranty for awhile, I just want to learn to use the software. Obviously I'm not going to fully trust something I found on the internet, but in the tunes I can see where the line pressure was increased and also where the shift feel was adjusted. What are some things to watch out for when tuning this transmission? I tried searching and didn't see any threads related to the 68RFE, but if they are out there feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Line pressure should not be increased on a stock valvebody trans. Increased line pressure on a stock valvebody trans will push the valvebody bodies and clutches apart.

To increase line pressure, install the BD 68 protect kit and then modify the calibration file.

The first thing that should be changed when modifying the 68RFE portion of the tune is the low-reverse sprag cals. Everyone has found keeping the LR sprag engaged into second gear is a 68 saver.

Ok thanks, I was under the impression the stock trans was still good for a small bump in line pressure. I do plan to get the BD protect once warranty runs out so I can wait till then.