Thread: Error $0101 no data received

Default Error $0101 no data received

I am doing a swap with a Duramax 08 LMM, when I try to read the ECM with ether EFILive or my scan tool I get a failure, the engine seems to be running OK but I have a MIL light and would of course like to be able to work this out.
    I have another 08 LMM in the yard and both EFILive and the scan tool work fine on that vehicle. I am assuming there is a problem with the stand alone harness but would welcome any input, I get the same failure when trying to read the TCM

I did not have EFILive when I test ran the engine before pulling it.
    THANKS!!

OK, I did not know the data went through the glow plug controller, so I jumped that plug and I can now read the TCM, I get the "cannot read DSP5" error on the ECM, I of course do not have access to the original DSP5 file so can I simply dump a "stock" file and start over?

Lifetime Member

Yes, if you're able to scan the ECM and read the TCM you'll need to write your own DSP5 tune and use that. Need to source a stock file for your truck and Full Flash it (either as a base OS or DSP5) then use that for future changes.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Yes, if you're able to scan the ECM and read the TCM you'll need to write your own DSP5 tune and use that. Need to source a stock file for your truck and Full Flash it (either as a base OS or DSP5) then use that for future changes.
    THANKS! I have a stock tune from a library, I really do not need DSP-5, I am curious will the new flash have the original VIN of the ECM or will it assume the VIN of the donor tune? not a big deal as nether have anything to do with the VIN of the vehicle the LMM is in now, and I of course have not used a license on this ECM yet. Hopefully I can find a tutorial on doing a full flash.
    Again thanks for taking time to respond!
    Last edited by Papalote; April 16th, 2021 at 06:23 AM.