Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After Extensive E38 L92 Tuning, Gas mileage horrible and no power....

I'll try to duplicate the VVE table "glitch" you're seeing.

Easy way would be to download my V3 file from the first post, "V3" in the title. Open the airflow, vve tables, grab just one, and copy it into a stock rom. Then either save it like that, and watch the magic, or even generate the coefficient tables, and then save it, and watch the magic.... Or grab just the coefficent table and copy it over to the stock, and then use the generate vve from that, and then save and watch what happens. You can just close the window, and it will change them too. If needed, I can record a live video of what I see.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what I need to do to get the tuned data to stay once I change a cell in one of the vve tables....

Got the email of the latest software release. Updated everything and still experiencing the same glitch within the VE Tables and the Coefficient tables. Tried running as admin, tried having my V2 unit plugged in while opening, and all the things I can think of, with no luck. Same results. Software decides post copy of log data into VE tables, what it wants to adjust it too. Kind of frustrating, held up on logging since I cant get the updates to keep within the tables.

Stock ECM added to initial post for testing.

I've been looking, I don't have an answer yet.

Bump. Any movement on the issue we have been discussing? Is there a support ticket I need to generate on a different site? Just asking if you're overloaded and need to go through proper channels?

Thanks in advance.

With what mods you have done, unfortunately hardly any of it ads power. With that being said it should run the same in SD, MAF only or blended. You should 100% not lose mileage with a tune with your setup. Just looked quickly at your tune, I think it has to much timing and your PE setting are to aggressive with would make it use more fuel.

You could have the best dodge tuning in the world, that doesnt mean he understands GM and or EFI Live. Dodge does almost everything different than gm in an ecm. I know several guys who tune 3,000+hp race cars with holley or fueltech but they couldnt tune a stock car with efi live or hp tuners. It doesn't mean they dont know what they are doing. It took me years to be able to use efi live and hp tuners....then another 10+ years before doing ford and dodge since I mainly tune GM.

With what mods you have done, unfortunately hardly any of it ads power. With that being said it should run the same in SD, MAF only or blended. You should 100% not lose mileage with a tune with your setup. Just looked quickly at your tune, I think it has to much timing and your PE setting are to aggressive with would make it use more fuel.
    I caught that over the last couple days as I have been reading on SD, as well as PE. I have made a couple changes calculated based, and we will see what happens. I have 0 knock with timing. We had it almost 3 degrees higher throughout on the Dyno, and I backed that off first.

You could have the best dodge tuning in the world, that doesnt mean he understands GM and or EFI Live. Dodge does almost everything different than gm in an ecm. I know several guys who tune 3,000+hp race cars with holley or fueltech but they couldnt tune a stock car with efi live or hp tuners. It doesn't mean they dont know what they are doing. It took me years to be able to use efi live and hp tuners....then another 10+ years before doing ford and dodge since I mainly tune GM.
    I here you and agree.

I would still like to know about the glitch I am seeing within EFI live and the VE tables. That is hindering any further test n tune on the street, since even if I put logged data into the VE tables, the software is automatically changing them to random numbers.

Just because it took 3 degrees higher and had no knock doesnt mean thats the correct timing. 99% of the vehicles I re-tune from other shops I make more power or the same same power and I run less timing and usually get better fuel mileage. To much timing will make it lose power which will make it get worse fuel mileage also.

Just put it in MAF only and tune it and be done. I think your over thinking this way to much, people tune with efi live everyday, efi live is not holding you back. I would start over with the stock file and start re-tuning in MAF only and be done in a day.

have a read of the Virtual VE Tutorial, it might help making sense of how it works
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast