Thread: VE Adjustments issue with latest update

Default VE Adjustments issue with latest update

Just updated to V8 3.5 and associated V7.5. I have noticed that on E38,E67 and E92 ECMs that both V8 and V7 editors will not save small commanded VE changes but will only average out large changes with associated cells. Am I missing something with the new update that I haven't really noticed before? For instance if I take a cell in a stock VE and just put "0" it will not command "0" for that cell but will lower it and average down the cells around it. I noticed this when I was trying to adjust and smooth a VE in an E38 and it was not saving my commands. Any help with this? FWIW: V2 is connected and reading/ working properly at this time. It is not in "Demo" mode. Bootblock and Firmware are also up to date. Also tried saving as under a new name with same results.
    2024 3500HD (SRW) Duramax Denali Reserve
    2021 Ram 4500 Limited (Horse Hauler)
    2016 LML 2500HD Duramax High Country with a little help
    2022 Yukon Denali

Are you generating the coefficients after you edit the VVE table?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Are you generating the coefficients after you edit the VVE table?
    I have read through the VVE tuning tutorial briefly in the time I have had to do so. From what I have gathered (and please correct me if I am wrong), is that you can make changes to each "zone" and instead of manipulating a single cell like the LS1B VE table, you can make a value change in a single cell but once you save it will average the entire zone to that point in turn changing all values in that zone including what you commanded so it creates a slope in one particular direction? I just need a little more help on how the coefficient is applied to and manipulates each zone in terms of smoothing or up/down graph direction.
    2024 3500HD (SRW) Duramax Denali Reserve
    2021 Ram 4500 Limited (Horse Hauler)
    2016 LML 2500HD Duramax High Country with a little help
    2022 Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by TorqueMonster007 View Post
    ...but once you save it will average the entire zone to that point in turn changing all values in that zone including what you commanded...
    It generates new coefficients for the polynomial that that zone represents (i.e. it does not just average over the zone, it changes the curvature of that zone).

If you look at the coefficients table (under the VVE tables) you will see a bunch of columns (e.g. rpm, g, g/s, iat, ect, ivt, evt...), each column being a coefficient that is "normalized" and then multiplied by the variable corresponding to that column (i.e. see the column's name)...

i.e. it would go something like P(rpm,g,g/s,iat,ect,ivt,evt,...) = A*rpm + B*g + C*g/s + D*iat + E*ect + F*ivt + G*evt...+...

so imagine drawing in 3D that polynomial within the axes boundaries of that VVE zone.

So the bottom line is, if you change one cell, then that whole zone changes.