Thread: 2007 Dodge Cummins Swap - OBD & EFI Live Communications / TIPM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have built several standalone setups using late 5.9 ECM. It's not hard to do. The only thing you need is the engine harness and DCM. All the swaps I have done are manual swaps or standalone valve body trucks but that should be all you need as well for the 48RE control. There is no separate PCM as you stated. You will need the trans harness. Regardless the only thing that it needs to run and communicate is power, ground, 12 volts on the ignition run wire, can+ and can- get wired directly to an OBD2 port.. then you'll just have to lengthen the throttle pedal wires to get in the cab. I don't have the ECM pinout in front of me but if you have it should be pretty self-explanatory to figure out. The tipm was just a gateway for the communications bus. It split off there and went to other places. It's absolutely not necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Have built several standalone setups using late 5.9 ECM. It's not hard to do. The only thing you need is the engine harness and DCM. All the swaps I have done are manual swaps or standalone valve body trucks but that should be all you need as well for the 48RE control. There is no separate PCM as you stated. You will need the trans harness. Regardless the only thing that it needs to run and communicate is power, ground, 12 volts on the ignition run wire, can+ and can- get wired directly to an OBD2 port.. then you'll just have to lengthen the throttle pedal wires to get in the cab. I don't have the ECM pinout in front of me but if you have it should be pretty self-explanatory to figure out. The tipm was just a gateway for the communications bus. It split off there and went to other places. It's absolutely not necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Man comnrailpwr, you just made my day! I was assuming this was the case, but didn't want to start tearing apart the harness only to find out later that it wouldn't work. I'm not sure I've had a comment from someone who has actually done it to this point, so I appreciate your response! I have the Deutsch tools and can make or repin the harness. First I need to figure out what is stopping me from removing the SKIM/anti-theft system. (Separate thread here, but I'm not having luck getting the truck to run without the SKIM module connected - not sure if this is an ECM issue or ? ECM still shows as disabled in the tune, but anti-theft takes over and won't even let the engine crank without the module plugged in.) I'm sure I'll figure it out. Just side tracked with other projects at the moment...

Thanks again!