Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Dodge Cummins Swap - OBD & EFI Live Communications / TIPM

You are correct. DTCs do not control anything. They are just for reporting problems. You are also correct that once you thin the system down to just the engine harness then your anti-theft issue will solve itself. Are you planning on using any of the other truck harness in your swap other than the engine and transmission?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I only planned to use the engine and transmission harness. I do believe I will need to find a way to simulate the vehicle speed sensor as I think that is generated from the rear axle / ABS system rather than directly in the automatic transmission. I've essentially removed all of the additional wiring from the dash side of the truck already, and much of the additional engine compartment / body side wiring that was unneeded.

My current plan is to get the engine, transmission and transfer case swapped into the 1970 F250 and get it running and driving. The truck itself is a project for sure, so that's just step one...but would be a great first step! I am contemplating swapping the newer Dodge axles over as well, which would give me a wheel speed sensor that could be converted into an appropriate VSS signal to the ECM.

The truck I'm working on was one of my dads first 'new' vehicles that he handed down to me. It currently has a mid 70s smog era 460 in it that is anemic and gets about 7mpg, so the Cummins should make it a really useable truck!

Again, I really appreciate the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12