Thread: CPS5 High Idle

Default CPS5 High Idle

Does anyone have any tips to get a CSP5 tune to increase idle speed? My goal is to have a switch-operated tune for high idle for warmup or winching. I do not have cruise control buttons to operate the factory high idle. On the duramax you can just put fuel in for 0% TPS but I cannot get this to work on the CM849. My strategy is to put values above 0 in the first column of the "Pedal Position to Desired Fuel" tables.

I have put values up to 40mm3 in the 0% TPS column up to 1200 RPM with no luck. In theory, with the throttle at 0% it should pull from the table and tell it to inject that amount of fuel, but in practice it doesn't work. Are there any settings or limiters that I should be looking for or other tables that I need to modify for this to work?

Thanks!
    2008 F550 6.7 swapped running CM849 ecu

I could try to write something, but never heard of that one before. That would be an interesting one to try to tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a really clean way to do it with what you have in the csp5 tables.

You might be able to do something funky with adding extra pilot or post fuel in that area to do the same thing you were doing, but I think the fueling is a sum of pilot, main, and post. Meaning, if you are at 100mm3 and you have 10mm3 of pilot main will be reduced to 90mm3 so the total is still 100.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah the more I looked at the table I think your right csp5 won