Figured maybe someone here might have an answer to my question related to swapping modules in a 2015 Malibu. My wifes Malibu's transmission decided to roast itself this morning - no motion in any direction, even when I tried to command higher gears, so in will be going a 'junkyard' unit with about 30k miles. The question is, in my experience, there is security in various modules that seems to marry them to the vehicle for good, which can't be changed - I know the HVAC module I installed from a scrap yard is throwing a mismatch DTC, but it's not causing any issues. But the TCM is a much more critical device, and if such security is in place with the ECM/TCM/BCM, that could cause issues. I know in my truck, being a 2004/2006 mutt, I can swap TCMs all day every day and it wouldn't give a hoot, but with the Malibu, is there security in place that permanently 'marries' the TCM/ECM/other module to the car in a way that it will cause issues? Is there a way to 'divorce' a module and 're-marry' it to the new vehicle? Or will I need to swap the TCM/VB that's original to the car into the replacement transmission?