• EFILive tunetool related tutorials

6 37.50%
  • Other tutorials

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Authors - Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Beer99C5
    I am willing to write one on adding the autometer fuel pressure sending unit as a PID using the wideband input...

Also as a newbie, I am willing to proofread the tutorials for typo's since I don't have a great knowledge of EFI yet...

I'll help ya proof it. I've been wanting to get my FP into Live for some time now.

RHS - Is the wiki an on-line only thing? I'm still thinking of a tutorial base, specific to Live, available via the help menu's

Lifetime Member

online only, i dont like to create static content as people download it, never update it, yet bitch up a storm. think new hardware with ver1.00 drivers sort of dillema. it goes double for us, since the testing base of this stuff is relatively small (i've gotten ONE bug report in 1.5yrs of my spreadsheets being available, and i dont think it's because they're flawless )

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    RHS - Is the wiki an on-line only thing? I'm still thinking of a tutorial base, specific to Live, available via the help menu's
    The problem with this is RHS only has HPT, so I don't see him wanting to go with a strictly Live based file. (This isn't against RHS as we both have spoke about this off the forums, so if you read this and think I am bashing on him, I'm not)

Lifetime Member

i don think 'stricktly anything' is a good idea, cause you'll end up doubling up work (and then start accusing each other of copying, blah). concepts need examples, and we should be able to put up hpt side by side with efi, i dont see a single problem with that. i have both sets of software and i will continue refusing to take sides.
    I really dont understand why this must be a efi-effort or hpt-effort, how about just less-effort by not doing the same shit twice?

Good points guys. RHS, the EFILive exclusivity is based on this poll

I do like the idea of the wiki, but the content of the tutorials needs to be available off line as well. Presently, as tutorials are updated, they are included in the Live software upgrades. Theoretically, the guy fussing about a typo'd tutorial will be running an earlier version of the software.

I think for our purposes and what newb's want it should be efilive specific. Of course some sections will be relevant to both.

I do however believe the Wiki method is by far and away the best. Then there is a single point of data, no overlap, good version control etc.

Also it can be saved as a pdf at a point in time and included with the product. All the while it can be worked on and when a new software version is realeased a new fresh pdf created and included. For commercial reasons this is why HPT stuff cant be included.

Also means text formatting, layout etc is consistent throughout all chapters. Plus references between chapters can be created, images and link shared, etc, etc, etc.

In fact using anything else these days would be a mistake.

My 2p.
    Last edited by ringram; July 25th, 2006 at 02:12 AM.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

If we're to use EFILive tuning parameter notion (e.g. B0101, B3618, D0701,...) then that makes it EFILive-specific to some extent (it would be a golden waste to not use the notation).

Hand written draft of rpm vs pe is finished. I'll type it up this weekend. Plus I just installed a meth kit and want to confirm the same method fors for meth also. Need to add a couple of screen shots and an Excel spread sheet.

Who wants to proof read this on Monday?

Post it into the wiki then we can all proof read it
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast