Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Hey Roland, glad to see you're still tinkering away!

Definitely get the brake issue sorted out!!

What are the cam specs?

How does it run on the bone stock factory tune? My guess is not great with a cam (and potentially clogged cats), but wonder if there's a mechanical issue going on.
Yes, I am still at it. In a nutshell, I have been building my '01 Z28 for 1.5 years and invested $10k but 2 months after getting it running HARDDD my good friend totalled it into a tree on a test drive at 70 mph and we both got hurt. Insurance gave me all of $7600... which I promptly spent on - no offense - the world's most broken '12 Caprice PPV 9C1 L77 / 6L80E and I am using it as a daily driver... don't ask lol.

Today's update is that after massive blind and stupid tuning revisions I still have no brakes (unrelated) and now the transmission slips bad because I foolishly reset the TAPS.
I suppose it could take a few weeks of normal driving to relearn hopefully. The exhaust is still clogged and I will be installing a VCM OTR and a clip on wideband today. The car needs another trans and engine flush also, the 2.92 diff is finally clean.

Wish me the best you guys, I really love my sweet Holden Commodore VE (ish) a LOTTT but ***literally*** everything is broken on the car and I'm already broke having invested $3000k in emergency repairs in the last month since I've had it. FLM lol

Erik, on the factory tune it started idled and drove like ass although a) that is to be expected b) it is smooth in a way and trustworthy on the stock settings sort of.
Then I moved on to an HSV starter file that was so kindly provided to me. That got the car starting and idling wonderfully but throttle response is an asshat and the transmission is on drugs. Since then I've gotten some more help that further significantly improved it and that is where we are. Introducing full-time E85, currently at 45% alcohol. I have wheel speed sensor and tire monitor codes that I'm saving up for so I HOPE that fixes the brake pedal feel. Thanks for everything guys

LSXceleration
Non DOD Cam:
#2054301 3-Bolt Stage 2.1 (218/227 .523/.523 HR112)