Thread: WOT Tuning

Default WOT Tuning

I'm running speed density on my 98 TA. I've been tuning the car for a while and have it dialed in pretty good for regular driving. My question is how do I tune it for WOT? When at WOT sometimes the A/F will be anwhere between 11.0-13.0, how do I dial this in to the correct A/F. When I did my first round of VE tuning after adding 15% to the tables, I was able to take the car up past 4,000 rpm's to accomodate these cells. Now when I turn off LTFT's and tune the VE's, I can't take it past 4,000 rpms because it's too lean for those rpm's. How do I dial in the higher rpm's,

What about open loop table by temp B3605, you could set that to say 12:1 at higher map, your BEN's would alter as they are calulated by actual/commanded

Its easier with the custom OS as you can just command what you like and log actual vs commanded across all load points. You can achieve similar with the above approach.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

foff667

forgive me i dont know the parameters #'s but how did you setup your OLFA & pe tables? Did you setup OLFA to 1:1 & your pe to your desired commanded pe ratio? Unfortunatly ringram he's got a 98 which means a custom OS's isnt available currently so he's dealing with trying to dial in the secondary ve with 1/2 resolution.

No problem dude, B3605 is OLFA AFAIK which is why I mentioned it and said "you can achieve similar with the above approach" rather than using the custom OS, which I only mentioned as a comparison.

So you are saying the same as me in effect. Try OLFA/B3605 to achieve high RPM tuning under WOT. (Assuming the 98 pcm has the olfa table)
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

B0109

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    No problem dude, B3605 is OLFA AFAIK which is why I mentioned it and said "you can achieve similar with the above approach" rather than using the custom OS, which I only mentioned as a comparison.

So you are saying the same as me in effect. Try OLFA/B3605 to achieve high RPM tuning under WOT. (Assuming the 98 pcm has the olfa table)
    It does have that table. The 98 Back up VE table is way the hell off in the upper RPM area's like mine was at 20:1 actual (whole diff car also).
    Quote Originally Posted by 98WhiteDevil
    I'm running speed density on my 98 TA. I've been tuning the car for a while and have it dialed in pretty good for regular driving. My question is how do I tune it for WOT? When at WOT sometimes the A/F will be anwhere between 11.0-13.0, how do I dial this in to the correct A/F. When I did my first round of VE tuning after adding 15% to the tables, I was able to take the car up past 4,000 rpm's to accomodate these cells. Now when I turn off LTFT's and tune the VE's, I can't take it past 4,000 rpms because it's too lean for those rpm's. How do I dial in the higher rpm's,
    I would try another 15% in the upper cells to try to make it safe for tuning up there. Or get all the lower rpm and maps in line they'll never be perfect on a 98 they scale in 10's not 5's like the main VE. Get the lower inline put it back in closed loop and use the PE verses RPM not perfect but it will do the job.

So what process do I follow, what should I log, and what tables do I make changes to? I've never looked at OLFA. I'll give this a try tonight, I'm trying to get my car as well as my dad's tuned in before Car Craft Summer Nationals this weekend. I'm hoping we'll be able to get our cars on the dyno there, but I'm running rich at WOT, so hopefully what you guys are talking about will take care of the problem.

Thanks

I figured it out, I performed the AutoVE Tune but left the PE on, worked perfect. Thanks for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by 98WhiteDevil
    I figured it out, I performed the AutoVE Tune but left the PE on, worked perfect. Thanks for your responses.
    Let us know how you go/went at the CCSN.