Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM2350 VGT Delete

Default CM2350 VGT Delete

Those that have done VGT delete on their CM2350 trucks, what parameters were changed? I'm fighting something causing fuel to be held back and can't seem to figure out what. It's like it's still trying to do turbo speed estimation and seeing things aren't what it's expecting so it's derating or something.

Engine torque state I get when trying to go WOT is state 14, which is defined as fueling torque derate override state.

Well got the fueling torque derate override state taken care of but now up against an altitude derate, FML, lol. What a headache

Removal of the VGT function is a betch.

There are also multiple ways to do it. Disable the function and/or the codes, as well as the turbo speed torque limiter, and that takes care of it. The real headache becomes installing an aftermarket exhaust brake, like the Fleece unit... Codes and torque limiter need addressed but the function needs to remain on for the exhaust brake to function...

Yea it has not been a fun venture lol. I had the turbo and speed estimation and all that turned off but was missing something that had the truck hitting a torque derate, every torque table was turned up and every torque derate enable and suppression I could find was switched. Ended up seeing an AECD torque derate override switch, turned that on and it took care of the torque limit the truck was hitting then I found it was hitting altitude derate afterwards lol. I think I got it taken care of now, at least from the guys description it sounds like I got it. Will remote in to him tomorrow if I can to check the scanner while he is driving. Only thing now is he says his switch isn't changing tune positions. He hasn't tried changing with the autocal itself. Not sure if his switch is an older one that isn't compatible with the current CSP version or not.

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Yea it has not been a fun venture lol. I had the turbo and speed estimation and all that turned off but was missing something that had the truck hitting a torque derate, every torque table was turned up and every torque derate enable and suppression I could find was switched. Ended up seeing an AECD torque derate override switch, turned that on and it took care of the torque limit the truck was hitting then I found it was hitting altitude derate afterwards lol. I think I got it taken care of now, at least from the guys description it sounds like I got it. Will remote in to him tomorrow if I can to check the scanner while he is driving. Only thing now is he says his switch isn't changing tune positions. He hasn't tried changing with the autocal itself. Not sure if his switch is an older one that isn't compatible with the current CSP version or not.
    can you tell me what parameter did you change? I have the same problem in my truck

Many many many parameters to change

Many many many parameters to change
    Is this something that you

Is this something that I what?

Default CM2350 VGT Delete

Is this something that I what?
    Edit to my second attempt: Sorry I was trying to respond via Tapatalk but apparently there's an issue.

Anyways, I was trying to ask if the details are something that you wouldn't mind either sharing or summarizing. Completely understand if not, just curious.
    Last edited by Kunokeski; August 4th, 2022 at 01:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast