Thread: Yet Another EGR thread.......

Lightbulb Yet Another EGR thread.......

My understanding is the EGR system's purpose is to reduce NOx emissions, also the SCR's purpose is to reduce NOx emissions.

My question is:
    Is it possible to disable the EGR, and its related codes, checks, etc., And use the SCR to compensate for the change?

I have already replaced the entire exhaust system from a larger engine series, I'm running the entire system from an LML on the LWN engine.
    It works great and I have roughly 950-1300 miles in between regen cycles. No check engine light and have passed emissions tests multiple times.
    I have no tune and no ECU modifications. I just ordered a FlashScan V3, In my area emissions are done, however, a pass/fail is based on actual tailpipe emissions. (No Emissions related codes present)

With the larger exhaust, I have a lot of ammonia slip, and I think it will be fine, I just don't know if this idea is possible with the controls of EFIlive.

My Truck:
    2019 Colorado ZR2, 2.8L LWN engine
    Complete exhaust from Silverado HD (LML), Sensors moved from Stock exhaust, using DEF injector from Silverado.

It is not possible to delete EGR and it is illegal to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    It is not possible to delete EGR and it is illegal to do so.
    Even if I'm complying with my local Emissions Regulations? I understand in the US, it's a blanket "NO", however, my regulations are actual output not device-related.

For example, just because all the devices are present, and no check engine light (passes in all US locations) does not mean it will pass here.
    Example: Perkins Tier 4, fails, and must have a larger DPF installed. Which is where I got the idea to install a larger DPF on my truck.