Thread: desenitising knock sensors

Default desenitising knock sensors

I did a search really didn't get any answers on any of the forums. You must move the knock sensor fequency table up to desenitise them or is there another table. I lowered my timing tables 6 degrees still get 3 degrees on knock retard under load only 1.5 at high rpm I know its false its a 98 and they suck to time. Any info appreciated.

Lifetime Member

What are your afr's at that point? And how much adv does it have when it picks up det?
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

afr is 12.0-12.5 at wot i made it richer to see if would stop the knock it didn't it retarded down to 16 degrees after i took timing out im using a stock z06 timing table from operating system 12221588. I moved the knock sensor frequency up to 6.4 ill see this moring on the ride in to work if that does anything.

Lifetime Member

It seems to me there are some problems with your knock sensors. Possibly 1 or more are on the fritz? Find out how to check them and do so. It might very well be they are faulty.Otherwise if you feel you dont need them just disable them.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

Quote Originally Posted by caver
    It seems to me there are some problems with your knock sensors. Possibly 1 or more are on the fritz? Find out how to check them and do so. It might very well be they are faulty.Otherwise if you feel you dont need them just disable them.
    there brand new upgraded ones.

I found the table to use to desenitise the sensors B6245 it seems this is the same table HP tuners use as there Knock Sensor Global Gain vs MAP vs CYL table the values line up. I put the 1.0's to 2.0 and there is no more knock when i put it under load and it didn't blow up. The new gas and 11.5-11.7 compresson dosen't help either. I still my run 100 power mist fuel.