Thread: error code 281 need help!

Angry error code 281 need help!

lmm 08 had efilive tunes on truck from a guys laptop wasnt happy with them and wanted better tunes contacted a company that sold starlight tunes got the autocal v3 sent to my house and when i tried to program full it said erasing then threw error code 281. Tried multiple times same thing pulled all fuses for amp radio brake controller liftpump and even left the batteries unhooked for awhile still nothing. firmware and boot block are up to date also. so then i figured let me see if it will take the stock tune and it loaded in no problem. then i contacted the company i got the tunes and autocal from and he just sends me a link to the help section in efilive that shows you what the error code means. after trying all what they recommend and testing my OB2 port all checks out fine. any help would appreciated.

Lifetime Member

Hi Shane,

Can you please update your software and firmware to the beta versions released earlier today. We've made some changes to V3 communications that may change your flash result. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-V8-3-8-Beta-3

After updating your firmware please try and flash your modified tune. If you have any issues, a trace file will automatically save. Please locate that file, then email it to us support@efilive.com and reference this thread.

Cheers
    Cindy

well Cindy, your a life saver that worked loaded right in! thank you!