Thread: Please help, have read all the stickies and tutorials and nothing seems to work

Default Please help, have read all the stickies and tutorials and nothing seems to work

some what new to efi live, iv tunned with hptuners and had good result on my cummins. i now have a chevy with an 8.1 a 2001 and have efi live. iv been able to flash new os and make some changes. now im trying to tune the ve table but i cannot seem to make pids or the filters. at the moment trying to make a filter for throttle changes and engine coolant temp. please help let me know if i need to post anything for you guys to look at.

What version of EFILive are you using? 7.5 or 8?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Following, and commenting to get my post count high enough to attach files. good luck OP. I have an 04 2500 with the 8.1

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    some what new to efi live, iv tunned with hptuners and had good result on my cummins. i now have a chevy with an 8.1 a 2001 and have efi live. iv been able to flash new os and make some changes. now im trying to tune the ve table but i cannot seem to make pids or the filters. at the moment trying to make a filter for throttle changes and engine coolant temp. please help let me know if i need to post anything for you guys to look at.
    Try the calc.vet thread, it really holds your hand in setting that sort of stuff up.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...in-single-log)
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

There also is a user manual pdf for the scantool, work thru it, you will not regret it

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

One thing to remember, with V8 calculated PIDs you have to select units of "boolean" for filter/search PIDs.
    Any calculated PID with units of "boolean" will (or should) show up in the filter/search drop down list box in the Scan Tool window.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    One thing to remember, with V8 calculated PIDs you have to select units of "boolean" for filter/search PIDs.
    Any calculated PID with units of "boolean" will (or should) show up in the filter/search drop down list box in the Scan Tool window.
    Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for that info (all/any booleans will show up in the filter dropdown)

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripebob View Post
    What version of EFILive are you using? 7.5 or 8?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    V8 and v3 hardware. Just other day I got my ve amp logging but seems to only work sometimes not sure why, also the values what do I multiply them by? And don’t think I got the custom pids down cuz everyone iv made doesn’t bring up any values. I have read all of those tutorials before asking I will go threw them again and see if maybe I miss understood something. Thank you guys for any help for a noob. Considering iv worked in a high performance diesel shop would think I’d know a little more about this but just turned wrench’s at the time
    Last edited by Crash; September 27th, 2021 at 03:02 PM.

Hi Crash,

Which tutorial?

Remember to select to show the data units on the map, the units tell you whether the map's data is the multiplier/correction (factor) or whether it's the absolute value (e.g g*K/kPa).

For the calc pids, make sure you also select all the dependent pids that the calc pid uses.