Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2021, V8.3.8 Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default September 2021, V8.3.8 Public Release

V8.3.8 Public Release

Attention:
    V7.5 no longer supports installation to Windows XP or Windows Vista. This change is due to SHA1 having been deprecated by digital certificate authorities. More info on SHA1
    V7.5 and V8 are now only supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

Full Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.37 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.8 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.070 (Sep 20, 2021), Boot Block: V3.00.005 (Oct 20, 2020)
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.177 (Sep 03, 2021), Boot Block: V2.08.009 (Feb 27, 2021)

Download here:

Known Issues:
    Issue #1: Importing JTAG E86B files may result in a Boot Software segment checksum error.
    Workaround: None. Don't flash imported files with checksum errors. Don't use the EFILive software to correct checksum errors for the E86B imported files as that does not fix the underlying cause of the checksum error - it just masks the error(s) and causes additional problems.

Issue #2: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3: The [F2: Scan] -> [F3: Data] display was not converting the PID values to non-metric units when non-metric units are selected.
    Workaround: Fixed in Update 1

Issue #4: When black box logging multiple controllers, DMA PIDs for the ECM are logging as N/A.
    Workaround: Fixed in Update 1

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by Blacky; October 4th, 2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The [Check for Updates] option has been activated for both V7 and V8.

The following versions (i.e. the previous public release) can be updated/patched automatically:
    • V7.5.36
    • V8.03.7

Any versions installed before the previous public release will detect that an update is available, but the entire installation will need to be downloaded and installed.

If you have installed any of the beta or RC updates (i.e. any installation of V7.5.37 or V8.3.8) then the [Check for Updates] option will not detect that a newer version is available.
    In that case, you should download and install the latest public release from this thread.

Regards
    Paul

Curious, V8 flashes fine. But with 7.5 I get this error about firmware even though it was updated. Was trying to flash an LS1B if it matters. I just happen to be more familiar with 7.5 and was looking for a specific issue when I came across this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error 1.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	23907

Name:	firmware boot block.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	23905

Name:	7.5 version.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	23906
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; September 24th, 2021 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Curious, V8 flashes fine. But with 7.5 I get this error about firmware even though it was updated. Was trying to flash an LS1B if it matters. I just happen to be more familiar with 7.5 and was looking for a specific issue when I came across this.
    That is strange, it is also strange that no serial/license numbers showed up in the screen shot.
    This is what you should see...

Name:	v177.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	23908

Is it possible that there is another device (AutoCal or other FlashScan) connected?
    Maybe the V8 software still has the V2 device connected and is preventing the V7 software from reading it.

Regards
    Paul

The license showed up, I blacked it out...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	23910

I believe Only the The V7 tune was open. I only have one V2 no Auto Cal

I was using a Bench top set up.
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; September 24th, 2021 at 08:41 PM.

Its is working correctly now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2 software version.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	23911 I have flashed a few versions of the same tune successfully with out issue in the V7 software.

I think I ran into this before and it had something to do with needing to re-boot. Which I did not earlier after loading the software and updating firmware.

Next Question. Regarding a full flash. If I full flash a PCM with a completely different calibration, Shouldn't it completely over write an existing calibration? Specifically the LS1B. I know E38 and E67 need to make sure they are compatible with the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Next Question. Regarding a full flash. If I full flash a PCM with a completely different calibration, Shouldn't it completely over write an existing calibration? Specifically the LS1B. I know E38 and E67 need to make sure they are compatible with the ECU.
    Yes you can full-flash any OS into an LS1 - but remember some LS1 controllers are 512KB and some are 1024KB and you can't mix/match the different memory sizes.
    And because the LS1 handles the transmission as well, you also need to be careful about flashing an automatic tune into a manual vehicle and vice-versa.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Yes you can full-flash any OS into an LS1 - but remember some LS1 controllers are 512KB and some are 1024KB and you can't mix/match the different memory sizes.
    And because the LS1 handles the transmission as well, you also need to be careful about flashing an automatic tune into a manual vehicle and vice-versa.

Regards
    Paul
    The Memory size and auto/manual transmission I know and understand on these controllers.

Lets use the 1024KB as the example. In the Past I was able to Full Flash one of these with Completely different Base tune with out issue. Recently I can not. The Cycle looks to complete normally but if you go back to read the PCM It still has the old File in it. Now if I change the Vin Number to the new Calibration's vin in the scan tool, It will flash Correctly.

In this case both files happen to be of the same year. One was an 8.1L/ 4L80E 4x4 and I was flashing over it with a 5.3L 4L60E 2wd calibration. Full Flash was used. When I read it back out to verify it still had the 8.1L tune in it. But if I use the scan tool to change the Vin to the 5.3L VIN and then go back and do a Full flash it will take with out a problem.

I also tried the reverse to see if it did the same thing. Does not take until I change the Vin.

Try these for the example.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How are you determining that the tune was not installed during the flash?
    I tried it here on a 1MB PCM with those two files and it all worked as expected.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    How are you determining that the tune was not installed during the flash?
    I tried it here on a 1MB PCM with those two files and it all worked as expected.

Regards
    Paul
    After flashing it, I read it back out to make sure the file took correctly. Maybe I need to remove and reinstall the software. It doesn't give any errors. I even read it out a second time to confirm.

I appreciate you verifying it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast