Thread: New Guy Intro

Default New Guy Intro

Hey there everybody. I have a 2006 Cummins I bought with a bunch of goodies under the hood. Once I'm home from deployment I am going to change injectors and hopefully start tuning myself. I have Anarchy tunes now that are not quite what I was hoping for. I do not blame Anarchy at all. I just think I don't know everything in this engine. I have been reading all the threads in this section and some places I am still confused, but I think I'll be able to learn my way through. I'm sure I'll be pretty active in this thread with questions and scenarios. My truck is a daily driver for the majority that I take to my hunting areas, but I plan on something to tow in the future. Right now I'm after a clean, efficient DD tune with a couple steps up to have some fun with.

My known mods are:
    100% injectors - unknown brand or mileage
    Compound turbos - ATS 480/Fleece Cheetah
    ATS twin CP3s
    Coolant bypass
    FASS lift pump w/ 3 micron filter
    AFE intake
    DD clutch - unknown details, soon to be Valair street triple

Right now I have a bunch of black smoke on all tunes. It is more as I go up in power level, but it's very much present even on Tune 1. My turbos seem pretty laggy compared to what I've read about how the Cheetah performs. It rattles quite a bit at idle and cruise, quiets down with a healthy dose of skinny pedal. My first questions will be regarding tuning larger 143* injectors since I'm looking at BBI Stage 2s. I know timing and duration will be my first tables to look at but I'm a visual learner, so it may be a slow process. Thank you in advance for any help or tips I get from you guys that have been around and seen how these trucks react to different inputs.

Here are a few data logs if anyone has the time to give them a peek. I have some weird activity with my rail pressure, but I'm pretty sure that is a hardware issue more. Looking at these logs, I have pretty bad black smoke at almost all throttle % over 15%. My boost seems to be very sluggish as well considering it's a fast spooling charger and large injectors. I know Anarchy was known as a reputable tuner, so I'm thinking I have a hardware issue somewhere. In any case please let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files