Thread: Disable check for DTC p1626

Default Disable check for DTC p1626

My '99 Firebird has been standing for some time now, and I wanted to fire up and do some cleaning ... anyway, it won't start ... checking on the DTC, I get a P1626, Theft Deterrent fuel enable, so I guess somehow the PCM doesn't get the correct signal from the BCM and cuts the fuel... now, the car has had the security warning light on ever since I got it several years ago, but never acted up ... at the moment, that and the check engine light are one. I tried both keys, so it shouldn't be the resistor pellet.
    I read somewhere on the LT1 you could disable the check, is there anything like that on the LS1? I have the custom OS on the PCM ...
    Bad thing is, working on the car is a bit of a problem as it's in the garage, if I roll it out, I probably wouldn't be able to push it back in (incline to the garage)... doesn't make it easier .. :(

I found some diagnostic routines I can go through, if I can get to all the places ... :/ Turning the check off would save me a bunch of headaches ...

Thanks!
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

I think you can disable VATS, but that means no more security for your car and does increase the risk of having it get stolen. Plug in your laptop and Flashscan, then open your tune and you'll see a red folder with OS patches. I think it's generally not recommended, but it should do the trick.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks ... I will try that ... true, disabling that would be a risk, but at the moment my main concern is to at least get the car running again, then locate the cause for the problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripebob View Post
    I think you can disable VATS, but that means no more security for your car and does increase the risk of having it get stolen. Plug in your laptop and Flashscan, then open your tune and you'll see a red folder with OS patches. I think it's generally not recommended, but it should do the trick.
    Looks like I was able to fix it by using the VATS relink function ... at least I'm not getting the code anymore, and the motor almost started ... battery is too dead, recharging now, try again in an hour ... guess 4+ years is quite a long time ...

Anyway, wasn't able to find the folder you mean, but came across the Theft folder under system - I reckon I could set G1201 to None, that should also disable the VATS, right? Search doesn't come up with anything for VATS, either ...

You can set the VATS values to disable, but that doesn't always work. Sometimes you have to apply the patch also. But if it's working that's cool!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk