Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble reading 6L80 tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Trouble reading 6L80 tune

I have a stand alone 6L80 and am having issues uploading the tune,,,If I open V8, go to tune, then auto detect it correctly detects the T43 controller, then when I hit read it goes through the steps all the way to "read, please wait" then I get a $0101 script stopped no data....
    The transmission is operating only I desperately need to get in and see about tuning the shift points

Edit, if I use V7.5 tune it gets to the same point, reading then after 20 minutes of the little green circle going around with the progress bar staying blank I gave up.

I wounder if I should try to load a 6L80 tune and see what happens???
    Last edited by Papalote; November 21st, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

A TCM in 'stand alone' would need a CAN termination if there is no other modules (normally that would be the ECM), do you have that?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will have to check with the stand alone folks, I would ASSUME they put a CAN termination in there because it would never have a ECM or BCM in line.
    Also I will ohm out the termination and see if I can detect the resistor.

EDIT, no CAN resistor, the circuit reads open, I will try and rig something up.
    Last edited by Papalote; November 21st, 2021 at 08:58 AM.

So I added a CAN termination resistor (55 ohm, close enough) and still no go on reading data

I found some tunes, I wonder if I can do any damage (brick the TCM) by trying to load one?

IMO if you can't read it reliably, no way would I attempt a write. CAN termination should be 120 ohms.

I can certainly try 120 ohms, but some systems have more than one so 60 of so should still work, will give it a shot in the AM

I haven't tried a T43 since it is internal. My T87 stuff wouldn't read with efilive nor hpt but I could read it with my AVT852 which was interesting. The 120 ohm termination resistor was the trick. You probably already know but I will post for others that might stumble across the thread. The termination resistor is connected across CAN+ and CAN-

It was pointed out by the great folks at Zero Gravity that the 2650 controller can be programmed for up to two CAN termination resistors, I tried one and two with no success.
    It seems to me because the V2 recognizes the correct TCM and it appears the password goes through alright that the communications would not be suspect, but of course I know nothing
    I am going out on a drive today so I have a little time on this before coming home and trying to load a tune in the TCM just in case I brick it, I suspect something is up with the tune itself, but of course again I know nothing but have to try something.

Well after fudging the TPS calibration it shifts pretty dang good, Zero Gravity says they use HP Tuners so it is possible the EFILive V2 just will not be able to work in stand alone mode, at any rate I am pretty happy as it is without spending another $400 for an HP Tuners setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast