Thread: Creating a V8 dashboard to see charts RAFIG

Default Creating a V8 dashboard to see charts RAFIG

New to this. This has to be simpler than it seems. I must be missing the obvious. LS1B here trying to idle tune a 5.3 for a small cam. using a V3 and V8 scan tool. Reading the pdf of speedmons info. got the 3 PIDS moved over to the green selected column, pushed the validate button and started logging (record) under F3: Data. The short term and long term IAC pids would show data, but nothing with the calc.rafig pid. Switching over to charts (F4), or guages (F5), did not see these pids. I have seen screenshots on some posts where the average calculated data is shown and filtered in "F4 Charts" and used to tune B4307 desired airflow. I cant get there. What am I doing wrong and what did I miss? Do I need to create a new dashboard? I have searched for the past several hours in the forum and user manual and am still lost.......Please help..Thanks!

If your TPS voltage is above .6v you need to lower that value with the throttle blade or "grind" the tps mounting bolt area to get it back into range. Drastically affects idle quality and repeatability if TPS voltage is above .6v. If you close the blade to get it under .6v, then drill the hole in the TB for the extra air needed so you can get the IAC counts back down to ~15-25 at warm closed loop idle with air conditioning off and in neutral/park.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    If your TPS voltage is above .6v you need to lower that value with the throttle blade or "grind" the tps mounting bolt area to get it back into range. Drastically affects idle quality and repeatability if TPS voltage is above .6v. If you close the blade to get it under .6v, then drill the hole in the TB for the extra air needed so you can get the IAC counts back down to ~15-25 at warm closed loop idle with air conditioning off and in neutral/park.
    Great info thanks! I messed with the screw and reset the IAC previous and if I remember was at 50 counts before. TP was at .4% during logging for IAC. I will try and get that more zeroed in. My latest dilemma is getting the info to display in charts and gauges. How do I see Calc RAFIG in charts? I must be missing the obvious!

Not percent, actual voltage

Did you convert the RAFIG calc pid from V7 to V8...?

Does it show up under the Calculated pids list (in the right yellow pane) when configuring pids...?