Thread: December 2021, V8.3.15 Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default December 2021, V8.3.15 Public Release

V8.3.15 Public Release

Attention:
    V7.5 no longer supports installation to Windows XP or Windows Vista. This change is due to SHA1 having been deprecated by digital certificate authorities. More info on SHA1
    V7.5 and V8 are now only supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

Full Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.43 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.15 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.084 (Dec 16, 2021), Boot Block: V3.00.005 (Oct 20, 2020)
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.08.184 (Dec 16, 2021), Boot Block: V2.08.009 (Feb 27, 2021)

Download here:

Known Issues:
    Issue #1: Importing JTAG E86B files may result in a Boot Software segment checksum error.
    Workaround: None. Don't flash imported files with checksum errors. Don't use the EFILive software to correct checksum errors for the E86B imported files as that does not fix the underlying cause of the checksum error - it just masks the error(s) and causes additional problems.

Issue #2: When logging DMA PIDs (i.e., PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However, the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround: EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3: EFILive Explorer does not accept the user's first choice of devices when multiple devices are connected.
    Workaround: Use the FlashScan/AutoCal icons in the lower right corner of the EFILive Explorer window to select the required device. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #4: When comparing two table calibrations that have decrementing axis labels, the ALT (alternate) calibration's data does not display correctly.
    Workaround: None. Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #5: When black box logging Cummins light duty trucks using FlashScan V3 or AutoCal V3, all PIDs are displayed as "N/A" and the device freezes - requiring a power cycle/reboot.
    Workaround: Save the attached firmware file into the folder \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (you may need administrator privileges), then use the V8 software's [Check Firmware] button to update the device's firmware to V3.00.085

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; January 25th, 2022 at 02:45 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

One minor bug I found is when opening up EFILive Explorer a warning comes up saying no devices connected after you select the device. You'll have to manually select which device you want to connect to in the lower right corner. This happens if opening it up through V8 and going straight into Explorer through the desktop icon.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    One minor bug I found is when opening up EFILive Explorer a warning comes up saying no devices connected after you select the device. You'll have to manually select which device you want to connect to in the lower right corner. This happens if opening it up through V8 and going straight into Explorer through the desktop icon.
    Thanks Dan for spotting that. I'll look into it.
    Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

It would be awesome if the device selection would be accessible in the flash screen for people that use Autocals on a daily basis. Or a way to make the v3 "silent partner" just for "save as autocal" command but defaulting to autocal for flashing and scanning.

Thanks
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Issue #5 is the exact issue that I am having with my autocal v3. I cant save that firmware file. Are you the administrator or do i need to contact ppei so i can save it?
    Thanks
    Dixon Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by jacksondixon View Post
    Issue #5 is the exact issue that I am having with my autocal v3. I cant save that firmware file. Are you the administrator or do i need to contact ppei so i can save it?
    Thanks
    Dixon Jackson

Administrator as in your Windows PC administrator privileges, nothing to do with PPEI. Windows will try to block files being saved into certain directories on your PC.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksondixon View Post
    Thanks
    Dixon Jackson
    You may need to save it to a different folder (such as "Downloads") and then copy it from the Downloads folder to the \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Firmware folder.
    Regards
    Paul

Ok I will try that tonight. Thanks for the response