Thread: 6.0 Intake Swap - Need Help!

Default 6.0 Intake Swap - Need Help!

-I have a truck here that is having seemingly several issues. Truck is a 6.0 LQ9 with a BTR LS1/LS2 Stage 4 N/A cam (233/248 .630/.615 @ 111.5+2.5 lsa), Walbro 450 in tank, Long tubes, Magnaflow Exhaust, Summit Version of the FiTech Intake manifold, TR6 Plugs, Factory Injectors, X link w/ 90mm TB off 2010 Truck (87mm).

-Truck was originally tuned by a local guy and supposedly spent over 6hrs trying to get it right with little to no change.

-I was asked to try and help him sort it out or point him in the right direction as a last resort before giving up on the project him and his dad had been working on. Below is a list of what the truck is doing now and what it has them stumped on. I am coming here because there are a few things I am not familiar with and need some guidance.

-Truck now will crank and from 2500RPM on it runs good with little change in LTFT after new file, not original. (was supposed to had been tuned on dyno originally with wideband)

-Issues:
    Truck is rough to crank. It is super rich and takes some pedal to keep it running. Can run RPM to 3k and you will hear it clear out and then settle down to idle fine as it should. No surging and on/off gas is fine. Cranking Fuel/VE, Parked IAC positions, after start enrichment, and air flow does not seem to change this
    Between 1200-2000RPM cruising it loads up bad and will try and pull -19.5% to -12.6% fuel. Once over 2500RPM its fine. WOT fueling is fine although it is starting to run out of injector.
    The truck keeps throwing PO101 MAF code and PO343 Cam Position code. I have reverted back to the Stock MAF table and crank relearn and changes nothing on either. Truck will crank and run and idle fine and within about 5min just cut off. These codes are always present at that time.

Things I can't guarantee are that everything is hooked back up correctly. This was a 4.8 truck with a 6.0 swap. By eye balling it it appears to be ok. Trans runs out and shifts fine. The intake is a knock off FiTech style from Summit that is black because he wanted that look with factory injectors and the TB is a 87mm off of a 2010 truck with an X link from I believe Spear Tech.

I do not have any logs but can provide them with I see truck next time but I am attaching the original file in truck and the MOD3 file that is in it now that runs better with the exception of the things listed above. The codes were originally present and those problems have not changed regardless of which file is in truck.

**Please Note** I am merely helping him diagnose and hope to help him fix this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2024 3500HD (SRW) Duramax Denali Reserve
    2021 Ram 4500 Limited (Horse Hauler)
    2016 LML 2500HD Duramax High Country with a little help
    2022 Yukon Denali

Check for air leaks.
    Check for injectors leaking and/or FPR leaking.

What is rail pressure...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What is rail pressure...?
    Rail pressure was consistent between 58-60psi. After looking at it some more and originally trying to investigate the TB issue throwing a TAC code although it was commanded at 100% and was logging correct volts and 100% I discovered the MAF screening was coming apart and throwing off MAF airflow and associated signal. However, I would like somebody to look over the tune to double verify it as a good starting point.
    2022 Yukon Denali

Post your tune, snd the original tune also.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post your tune, snd the original tune also.
    They were attached above in the original post. Let me know if you need me to resend it or PM it.
    2022 Yukon Denali