Thread: New truck

Default New truck

i was wondering if you guys save vin number of tuned truvks?

Story is i purchased a 2006 dodge 5.9 6speedmanual cummins used, well i didnt realize the knob was for tuning, truck came with a cts3 on it, well i figured id pay and update the cts to evolution, long story short i tried to tune it with the evolution tuner /cts thing, and now my truck thinks its a automatic on the dash and alot of the time they key wont turn the engine over to start it, maybe 1 out of 25 key cycles, the longer i wait the more likely itll start on first try.

Well looking jnder the dash i seen the cable and traced it up to the know and it looks to be your product, how do i get what the guy had to put my truck back to your tune?

Help

Lifetime Member

EFILive doesn't provide tuning or tuning support, they simply make the hardware and software suite for tuning companies to use. There isn't a way for EFILive to find out which tuner had tuned your truck, you'd need to contact each tuning company and ask if they tuned your VIN. It may be worth checking with some of the larger Dodge diesels shops and you may get lucky.

Honestly I'd recommend finding a tuning shop you trust and buy your tunes and hardware from them.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.