Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling coming from HPT to EFI for logging

Default Struggling coming from HPT to EFI for logging

So for years iv been using HPT for gas tuning and recently with everything im doing in efi for diesel stuff I have a turbo ls truck i want to learn to tune gas vehicles with in EFI. The thing that has me the most confused is logged data in maps, Im used to just copying the data say stft % from the ve table histogram, and going to the tune and pasting and multiplying by %. I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this with efi scanner. Theres so many differences its hard to grasp. I read about ben factor, and then i see paste settings in the map where I figured when i selected multiply when i ctrl+v. But it gives me crazy numbers. hpt has many predefined maths but efi has none. Iv tried reading through tutorials and the help docs but nothing is really jumping out to me where i need to start. Any insite is appreciated

I feel ya I'm in the same boat.
    Its like being proficient with Windows then Switching to MAC same but very different.

Wish I could help. I got it to where I could make MAPS but have not got into filters yet.
    I did make a custom pid and that helped me kind of get the idea of what they are doing.
    I'm sure its much easier than we are making it. (Though you do seem to need more knowledge in "Functions" than with HP)

If I get sometime later I'll see if I can give some Tips
    What ECM? E38?

Lifetime Member

Im the same way.. but ive been using EFI since 2004 and have been helping buddys with HPT and its a struggle for sure.
    What PCM are you tuning? I have a ton of maps and such already made from tuning turbo trucks over the years.

Mostly p01/p59

But in hp also did a lot of e38/e67 stuff as well.

All of the tutorials i see are for 7.5 and i guess im just trying to get with the times on v8 here lol

I'm the opposite, i use efi for most of my tuning/logging. hpt editor for stuff we don't have. very rarely use the scanner because it irritates me that they never linked the 2 like we have in efilive. i.e highlighting data from scanner to editor.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzlunlim View Post
    Mostly p01/p59

But in hp also did a lot of e38/e67 stuff as well.

All of the tutorials i see are for 7.5 and i guess im just trying to get with the times on v8 here lol
    ah yea V8 is not my favorite. Almost no info out there and this forum doesnt have much traffic.
    I tried to help a buddy with V3 and V8 and couldnt figure out how to do the wideband input so just went back to V7.5 on my interface box.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If anyone has a "how to do something" question with the V8 software question and I don't see it (reply to it), then either ping me via private message with a link to the thread, or submit a ticket to the help desk.

The concept behind BEN factors is quite simple:
    The map (or histogram) needs to log data in the range 0 to 2, where:

• 0 = -100% correction required.
    • 1 = 0% correction required.
    • 2 = +100% correction required.

The BEN factor PIDs are calculated PIDs that ensure comparison data (such as the comparison between commanded and actual AFR) is logged in the range 0..2.

When you copy/paste data in that range (0..2) from a scan map to a tuning map, if you use the "Paste as error correction", then the software will apply the (0..2) data as if it was a -100%..+100% correction.
    You can temper the correction amount by applying a % weight. For example a 50% weighting would apply the 0..2 correction -50%..+50%

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Is there any insite, tutorial, or anything on creating a ben factor pid to use STFT to correct maf, ve etc? Every post I look at has people posting calc_pids list and im not sure i even see anything like that when im in v8. I found out how to create calc pids, in v8 no issue- just not sure how to turn them into the "ben factor" mentioned

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the calc_pids you see posted around are for the old V7 software.

You can create the corresponding calc PIDs for V8 quite easily.
    If you have any V7 PIDs that you want to try in V8, post them here and I'll show you how to convert them to V8 calc PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My only issue is im coming from hptuners so I wasnt even using v7 to log prior to have anything to converter. The big things for me that i used often in hpt was stft error for maf, and stft error for ve or vve case dependant. Then obviously the WB error which typically I use the aem wideband. Im sure im asking for a lot here lol. but If i seen one made for say a stft maf correction i would probably be able to figure the rest out on my own. THank you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast