Hi Guys, Ive been having problems with this lately which is weird..
First of all I mostly do LS conversions and make from scratch brand new 6L, LS3, and LSA harnesses right here in Perth, West Australia, to suit vehicles such as Hotrods, any sedan, you can squeeze a LS into, Patrols, Land Cruisers etc and have supplied several hundred of these including, either customer supplied e38's that I have reflashed with decent start tunes in, and others where I supply the e38 ecm.... meaning I am very experienced with these ecu's.
Occasionally I get to see the above CASE relearn required, which is impossible (that I know of) in a conversion to run the procedure and clear it, but I have performed the procedure with success in a few in original Holden Commodores, and these were mainly approx 2007 models with YPRZ broadcast code... the 12597121 service number. I have also managed to clear it by doing a Full Flash again on the bench.....
However, lately, especially with e38's becoming rare here in Australia, we have been importing from USA used and serviced e38's... and have been regularly getting this code in later model 12633238 2010 onwards... and the thing I have noticed is, this will set on the bench, and/or on my test engine bed without even running the engine or trying to start it.
So the question is what sets this condition???? as its clearly not the Crank Angle Sensor.... and is there a way to clear it??? I have tried Full Flashing again but no good.
I realise not many of you would have seen this but hoping a couple of you more experienced or even Ross may know.
I have 6 e38's in front of me that have done this in the last few days...
Regards Al