Thread: Idle issues after fixing MAP sensor leak!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Idle issues after fixing MAP sensor leak!!!

Hey guys, I just fixed a leak that I had on the tube that goes to the map sensor and wasnt letting me run in SD. The motor idled fine before with just the MAF but now that I fixed that leak the motor hardly runs with just the MAP and with MAP and MAF it runs a very weak idle, if I rev it, it drops down to 300rpms and is hunting for idle for a few seconds then it finaly sets in at 950. Without the maf it idles very rough and if I rev it when the rpms come down it just dies.

Is this something I can easily fix as I belive it only needs a little more air at idle to compensate for the fixed leak. I'm a newb still so if you can tell me which tables I would

Thanks,
    Paul.
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...
    Custom N2O direct port setup with stand alone fuel system in the works

Idle and Revs

not sure what all you did tuning-wise before you fixed the MAP, but I'd venture to say your PCM is in the process of re-learning idle. What's your WB AFR at idle?

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    not sure what all you did tuning-wise before you fixed the MAP, but I'd venture to say your PCM is in the process of re-learning idle. What's your WB AFR at idle?
    Didnt do much to the tune, there was a time that the car would hold idle at close to 3k rpms when moving but would come down to 950 when stopped. Then it just probably learned it and was working good, so I guess now its back to relearn? How can I delete/reset the learned values?
    2000FRC 408ci 520rwhp - 498rwtq Callies Crank, Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Absolute Speed Heads, 244 248 cam, LG Headers, FAST 90, TPIS 90, ATI UD, 11.6cr, EFILive, LC-1 Wideband, RPM Trans, DTE brace, Spec 3+, Momo, etc...
    Custom N2O direct port setup with stand alone fuel system in the works

Idle and Revs

I don't recall the exact procedure, but you can find it by searching ls1tech for PCM reset. I believe a full flash will clear learned idle trims as well.