Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 CM2350B Stock tune help

Default 2017 CM2350B Stock tune help

First post to the site. I have searched as much as seems possible to find a stock tune for a 2017 6.7 cummins. 68rfe. CM2350B. Bought the truck a few weeks ago. Was hard tuned and now have no one in my local area willing to touch it. The tune is garbage and would like to reset back to stock before I start playing with it. New to tuning on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can help you what trans you have

I have the 68rfe. Over the last few weeks I have searched the web far and wide but now have decided i may have made a mistake buying this thing as its deleted and didnt know till after buying efi live that im probably sol as it no longer shows all the tables in the software. So if i put i stock tune over the junk deleted tune im screwed correct?

EFILive has always shown exactly what it currently shows for tables and such for the 2017, it’s never removed anything.

This also may be where I messed up as I'm new to all of this. Due to the junky tune thats on it and no one in my relative area willing to work on it I decided the best course of action for the future would be to purchase the tuning software and try my hand at it. Perhaps I bought something that lacks the ability to work on the emissions side of things but then how can I purchase off road tunes created by others?

You’ve bought the best tuning platform available in my opinion, just what you seek takes more advanced knowledge and stuff than what a first timer would have and isn’t something that generally gets given out. Some will, most won’t. There isn’t anything to stop you from purchasing a so called off-road tune “just a meaningless term in the eyes of the Feds”, just need to find someone still offering it, less likely to find in the US, and it doesn’t have to be someone local to you.

I have no issues buying a set of tunes or paying for a stock deleted one to use as a base tune. My idea was as things get stricter and the guys who can tune are drying up if i ever make upgrades or i have issues i can fix them. Its just finding someone who will sell me what i need. From what i gather if i just start with a totally stock base tune and flash it on the ecm i will loose all the "delete" aspects of it?

Correct, if you flash a stock tune file to your truck, you will have a stock tune flashed to your truck. Everything that was there will be gone.

I think after talking with you I finally get how to do all this. Use software thats not efi live to work on the emissions modifications as efi dont support it. Convert file into efi format, tune engine and trans, flash to truck. In a nutshell? Also thank you very much for taking the time to reply back to all this.

The program you would be wanting is called calterm and it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast