Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E81 Support?

So I read the controller and submitted the file to support about two months ago... I never got any sort of notification, but apparently the ticket was closed, but with zero comment. No yes, no, maybe so. Nothing. I'd expect SOME sort of comment, even if it's 'Nope, sorry, no way we can support it'.

I tried opening the file using the latest version of the V8 tune tool, and on the surface, it seems to recognize the controller and OS/Calibration data, but the message I get when I try to edit it is 'Calibration definition file _E81.cam(E82) is incompatible with the files controller type: E81.'. Now with the reference to the E82, I'm not really sure what the message means because it's most certainly not an E82, so I don't know why it's mentioning the E82.

So is there any chance of this OS on the E81 being supported?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I took a look but I can't find that ticket.
    Do you have a ticket number?

I recall there were some issues (that I think have since been fixed) where E82 and E81 files were getting incorrectly identified by the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I took a look but I can't find that ticket.
    Do you have a ticket number?

I recall there were some issues (that I think have since been fixed) where E82 and E81 files were getting incorrectly identified by the V8 software.

Regards
    Paul
    Looks like OMNT-8555-PILR.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Looks like OMNT-8555-PILR.

That does not look like a valid ticket ID. A ticket ID is just 4 digits. If it was 2 months ago it would probably be in the 7,000 range.
    We're currently only up to ticket 8500, we have not issued tickets as high as 8555 yet.
    Can you forward the ticket/email to support@efilive.com and that should re-activate the ticket and I should be able to see it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

my dad's ford ranger has/had that stop/start bullshit in it too. $20 later for some software and it's turned off in the bcm.

I forwarded the e-mail in a short time ago, and it seems it opened a new ticket (not really surprising), and this one seems to be URAK-5558-ANYF - there's nothing else in the e-mail to suggest a ticket number. Logging in and looking at it, that's the 'reference number'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    my dad's ford ranger has/had that stop/start bullshit in it too. $20 later for some software and it's turned off in the bcm.
    What did he do to kill it? I know there are various things out there, but it seems it's not uncommon for the various 'foolers' to cause funky issues.

the ford stuff can be done with Forscan. I just used my obdlink device with it to read the bcm config out, change the parameter, then sent it back.

Apparently the ford dealers know that it can be turned off, but are not allowed to because it was part of the emissions stuff getting them into Australia. Sounds like BS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    the ford stuff can be done with Forscan. I just used my obdlink device with it to read the bcm config out, change the parameter, then sent it back.

Apparently the ford dealers know that it can be turned off, but are not allowed to because it was part of the emissions stuff getting them into Australia. Sounds like BS to me.
    Oh, derp, totally glossed over the bit about it being a ford. VAG vehicles are similar in that there's a LOT you can change with the right tools. On the VW Jetta my wife had, using VCDS, I was able to enable rolling the windows both up and down using the fob. There were a lot of other things that could be changed, as I recall, that's just one thing that I actually did. With GM, that kind of thing seems nonexistent, unfortunately. There are a few thingstgat I'd like to do on my CT6, the auto stop start garbage being one on them, some or all of which probably could be done on a VAG vehicle with VCDS, but so such luck in any way with GM.

Last edited by Cougar281; August 23rd, 2022 at 09:39 AM.

Paul, did you see the new ticket?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast