Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V8 Scanner Units Precision change

Lifetime Member

AH!! that worked!
    i was really close to figuring it out but didnt know i had to left click on the PID in the Chart to get to the precision and value format..

Now if only i can get the data page to keep my Units from changing everytime i open the scan tool.
    Ive set the Defualt units that i want but it doesnt default to those units.

If i go to Config and then to General - Units and set the Default units and Custom (US) units to what i want and click apply and then OK.
    Close the program, open program and then open data tab in Scan tool, They units are still in metric.
    Save Dash as a file name after changing the units and still doesnt keep them.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    Now if only i can get the data page to keep my Units from changing everytime i open the scan tool.
    I just tried that here, by changing all the units on the [F3: Data] tab page to Default Custom** and then saved the dash, closed the V8 software, re-opened the V8 software and the units were all still US Customary.

Then I changed just the ECT to Deg K (just to test non-standard units) and then saved the dash, closed the V8 software, re-opened the V8 software and the ECT was still set to deg K.

** meaning "US Customary" units, which the V7 software incorrectly calls "Imperial" units.

Note: To change the units on the [F3: Data] tab page select one or more PIDs on that page and right-click and either select the actual units or one of the defaults.
    If you select ALL PIDs and then choose say "Deg F", it will only change the temperature based PIDs, it won't change any of the other units.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12