So this may be a dumb question, but is there any way for EFILive to be able to scan vehicles/manufacturers that aren't supported using generic/SAE PIDs? For example, a 2012 Dodge caravan with the 3.7L v6. I know that Palmers Scan XL, although it does not support Chrysler at all (It's a Ford & GM tool), it CAN connect to the van's ECM and pull data (using my GM MDI2 no less!) - but ONLY generic data - it can't do any enhanced stuff with Chrysler vehicles - which is fine. The problem with it, and it may be that I'm just missing something, but in trying to scan/log the O2 Sensor voltages, there didn't seem to be a way to adjust the scale, so it was basically 0 volt or 1 volt, with no in between, so if it was less than .5, it read 0 and if it was over, it read 1 (At least I assume that - the chart looked like that was the case). EFILive's scan/BBL datalogging is probably one of the best I've used, and it would be really nice to be able to leverage that elsewhere. I have AutoEnginuity, and frankly, it sucks. I was able to log some of the data I wanted to, but trying to play it back has been a challenge - with only four O2 sensor voltage PIDs logged, every time I try to load the log file with all four selected, it crashes. It'll load with only two, but it's clunky, to say the least. And don't get me started on their VW/Audi 'support'.

If that's currently not possible, any chance that might be able to become a reality? I'm no programming expert, but I'd think that as long as we're talking about a communication protocol that the V2/V3 hardware supported (such as CAN), it shouldn't be too hard to have a 'generic' controller with generic/SAE PIDs that should, in theory, be the same across all manufacturers.