Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August 05 2022, V8.3.28 Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millsy View Post
    Thanks Paul,

After looking through some old VF E38 and VF E67 tunes, it appears I have still applied the patch to mafless VF E38 tunes.

As you kindly pointed out, the patch does not appear in E67 tunes. I will investigate further as to why car no.2 has the traction light on and car no.1 did not.

Regards,

Millsy
    Hi Millsy,

You can apply the patch on later model years (i.e. VF) even if it is not necessary.
    I was just pointing out that it is only strictly necessary on VE E38. Pretty sure we did not realize that until we had developed some of the patches for the later model operating systems.

The patch is available in some E67 OSes and not in others, just not all of them.

E.g. Here's an E67 OS (12611938) with the patches:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E67_with_patch.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	24200

Here's an E67 OS (12656942) without the patches:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E67_without_patch.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	24201

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi,

After installing this version my software can no longer recognize the USB connection on my AutoCal, I get hit Error $0101: No data received.

I have tried 2 different PCs, reverting the version history to V8.3.15 (was working fine on this version as well), tried multiple AutoCals, different USB ports, checked all my firmware updates (up-to-date) including boot block, made sure Windows 11 was up-to-date, made sure my EFILive USB cables were fine, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, also reinstalling the software, and still Error $0101

Before this update everything was working fine, I was previously on V8.3.22.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silly0101 View Post
    Hi,

After installing this version my software can no longer recognize the USB connection on my AutoCal, I get hit Error $0101: No data received.

I have tried 2 different PCs, reverting the version history to V8.3.15 (was working fine on this version as well), tried multiple AutoCals, different USB ports, checked all my firmware updates (up-to-date) including boot block, made sure Windows 11 was up-to-date, made sure my EFILive USB cables were fine, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, also reinstalling the software, and still Error $0101

Before this update everything was working fine, I was previously on V8.3.22.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.
    Just for other customers' reference, this problem was also reported on our help desk ticket system. The customer rolled back the software to V8.3.22 and the $0101 fault seems to have gone away.
    If any one else sees the $0101 error (for no apparent reason), ensure your AutoCal V3 or FlashScan V3 is running firmware version V3.0.095 or later.
    Or try using a different laptop/PC, we have found in rare cases that some laptop/PC USB connections just fail to work with FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Regards
    Paul

Discovered a bug when running scripts in V8. So if I open a file and run a script, all is fine. Save it and then open the next file to modify. When I run the same script on the second file, It throws an error. For example: B0622(=,B0622) Error: $081F: tleCalDuplicate Script returned: $081F (2079). Only way to get around this I've found is to close the editor and reopen the file and run the script. So you have to close the editor after saving the file in order to script on the next file.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    Discovered a bug when running scripts in V8. So if I open a file and run a script, all is fine. Save it and then open the next file to modify. When I run the same script on the second file, It throws an error. For example: B0622(=,B0622) Error: $081F: tleCalDuplicate Script returned: $081F (2079). Only way to get around this I've found is to close the editor and reopen the file and run the script. So you have to close the editor after saving the file in order to script on the next file.
    Thanks Dan,
    Do you mind creating a support ticket with this same text in it? here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
    That way it won't get lost and will get followed up.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Thanks Dan,
    Do you mind creating a support ticket with this same text in it? here: https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
    That way it won't get lost and will get followed up.
    Regards
    Paul
    Will do.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    I've seen this too but i bother paul so much i didn't say anything.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

not so much a beta software question, but figured if/when it happens it'll only be a v8 option.

So my question is, Can bus expansion port on the v3. What was the intention or capabilities of it?

I have a Haltech can-bus only dual NTK wideband on my hub dyno, since it's transmitting data automatically, could we pull the data in with defined parameters similar to how the serial port worked on the V2?

It transmits on ID's of 2B0 & 2B2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    not so much a beta software question, but figured if/when it happens it'll only be a v8 option.

So my question is, Can bus expansion port on the v3. What was the intention or capabilities of it?

I have a Haltech can-bus only dual NTK wideband on my hub dyno, since it's transmitting data automatically, could we pull the data in with defined parameters similar to how the serial port worked on the V2?

It transmits on ID's of 2B0 & 2B2.
    That is the eventual intention of that 2nd CAN interface.
    I don't have a time frame for when that interface will be enabled.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12