Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: 2022 Cummins Support

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    19-21 ECMS can run 22 truck.

  2. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigxrig98 View Post
    19-21 ECMS can run 22 truck.
    Do you know what that process should look like ? Can I use a blank/unprogrammed 22 ECM instead ?

  3. #23
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,467

    Default

    The 2022 ECMs have an updated boot block that enforces a digital signature check that cannot be bypassed.
    The 2021 ECMs have a boot block that contained a "bug" that could be exploited to bypass the digital signature - Cummins fixed that bug in the 2022 boot block update.
    So no, you can't use 2021 ECM to gain access to a 2022 ECM, the only way would be to change the boot block in the 2022 back to the 2021 boot block, but you can't do that until/unless you supply the correct digital signature (or bypass it, which cannot be done).

    Warning: Getting your 2021 ECM flashed at a dealer can update the boot block to the 2022 boot block thus rendering the ECM no longer tunable.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    21

    Default

    You have to use a 19-21 ecm in a 22 truck. No way to use 22 ecm yet.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigxrig98 View Post
    You have to use a 19-21 ecm in a 22 truck. No way to use 22 ecm yet.

    Can you write a stock file to a 2022 ECM?

  6. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigxrig98 View Post
    You have to use a 19-21 ecm in a 22 truck. No way to use 22 ecm yet.
    Is there anyway you can help with this (for a fee ofcourse).

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    How do I create this .efd file?

  8. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The 2022 ECMs have an updated boot block that enforces a digital signature check that cannot be bypassed.
    The 2021 ECMs have a boot block that contained a "bug" that could be exploited to bypass the digital signature - Cummins fixed that bug in the 2022 boot block update.
    So no, you can't use 2021 ECM to gain access to a 2022 ECM, the only way would be to change the boot block in the 2022 back to the 2021 boot block, but you can't do that until/unless you supply the correct digital signature (or bypass it, which cannot be done).

    Warning: Getting your 2021 ECM flashed at a dealer can update the boot block to the 2022 boot block thus rendering the ECM no longer tunable.

    Regards
    Paul
    Is there a way to know if the boot block update has been done or not? Will efi allow is to flash it anyway or will it give as an error before commencing? If the flash does begin will the ecm be bricked or will you be able to flash a stock file back in?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Jim P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    109

    Default

    If you have had an OEM calibration update for the CP4 recall, you got a new boot loader. Myself haven't come across one yet that couldn't be tuned still (2019-2021). With some magic you can swap a 2019-2021 ecm into a 2022 and make it tuneable.

  10. #30
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosmuffler View Post
    Is there a way to know if the boot block update has been done or not? Will efi allow is to flash it anyway or will it give as an error before commencing? If the flash does begin will the ecm be bricked or will you be able to flash a stock file back in?
    If the boot block is locked, the flash will still commence. At the end of the flash when the digital signatures are checked by the ECM and subsequently rejected, the ECM will remain in boot mode. It won't brick the ECM, you just need to flash a stock file with a valid digital signature back in to recover.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 cummins updates?
    By Rutan in forum Cummins 6.7L
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 27th, 2021, 09:37 AM
  2. 2022 Cummins Support
    By Orange Stroker in forum Cummins 6.7L
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 25th, 2021, 04:16 PM
  3. 19 Cummins support?
    By Orange Stroker in forum Cummins 6.7L
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 18th, 2019, 10:16 AM
  4. Any Cummins support
    By 80superbu in forum General (Diesel)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: October 15th, 2018, 01:00 PM
  5. 03-05 Cummins 5.9L Support
    By cindy@efilive in forum Cummins 5.9L
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: February 7th, 2015, 05:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •