Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cummins Support

Quote Originally Posted by tsbrianesi View Post
    How do I create this .efd file?
    You don't create an .efd file. It's a Chrysler flash file that you download from them after paying them a fee and it's encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If the boot block is locked, the flash will still commence. At the end of the flash when the digital signatures are checked by the ECM and subsequently rejected, the ECM will remain in boot mode. It won't brick the ECM, you just need to flash a stock file with a valid digital signature back in to recover.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, completely unrelated to all this, but could I perhaps pick your brain a bit in pm or something on PPC and Chryslers logic in a cm2200. Been trying to dive into it and its got me all cross eyed on some of the things I've noticed while trying to learn and understand what they got going on in there lol.

I tried to flash a 2022 ECM with a stock file and received an error" Wrong ECM Type". I received the error when I check for license using the Beta version. So far 19-21 have been free of issues.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fr33kst3r View Post
    I tried to flash a 2022 ECM with a stock file and received an error" Wrong ECM Type". I received the error when I check for license using the Beta version. So far 19-21 have been free of issues.
    Can you log a support ticket and include the trace files. Thanks.
    https://service.efilive.com/new-ticket
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigxrig98 View Post
    You have to use a 19-21 ecm in a 22 truck. No way to use 22 ecm yet.
    How i tried this already put a 2021 ecm with the correct vin on a 22 truck couldnt get it to start

Takes a bit of playing to get skim happy once its happy theres a decent bit of stuff that needs to be changed in file to get it to run smooth and quiet like 22 cal does. But can confirm it it does work 100% got a 19 ecm in my 22. Needs more tools then efilive & a vin change alone ill say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigxrig98 View Post
    Takes a bit of playing to get skim happy once its happy theres a decent bit of stuff that needs to be changed in file to get it to run smooth and quiet like 22 cal does. But can confirm it it does work 100% got a 19 ecm in my 22. Needs more tools then efilive & a vin change alone ill say that.
    That i am aware that its not just a vin change, what i ask is how were u able to program the key because i had the truck with a technician who has original witech and dealer account we couldnt get the key programed thats why i ask how were u able to start the truck

Quote Originally Posted by BYTES View Post
    That i am aware that its not just a vin change, what i ask is how were u able to program the key because i had the truck with a technician who has original witech and dealer account we couldnt get the key programed thats why i ask how were u able to start the truck
    I am curious as well - what all was involved ?

You need to have the stock 22 ecm from truck to read the security keys out of, then you have to program the keys back into the older ecm with cummins software as well as change vins in a few different spots. If you have 68rfe truck PI curve will need to be reprogramed with witech also.

What software you use to read the security key out? Change the vin where? What if i just put the vin on the old 2019-2021 ecm ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast