Thread: ISL 9 HD Cummins

Default ISL 9 HD Cummins

Hello. I know this is a long shot but I have a fire truck with the ISL 9 Cummins Engine. Well been having emissions issues of course due to the way the truck is driven and not able to regen properly. And I am searching of the solution to resolve this. Can the file be read out of the ECM then modified in the edit function or does someone have a file secret squirreled away.

Thanks

I doubt you'll be likely to get much support on this, considering the topic, but not related to my overall opinion on emissions in the US, emergency vehicles like firetrucks and ambulances should absolutely be exempt, considering the unreliability of the emissions junk, especially in that use case. Having an ambulance or firetruck have a dpf plug due to lack of proper conditions to clear it while end route to a cardiac arrest or house fire (respectively) is this unacceptable.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cougar281; September 2nd, 2022 at 01:58 PM.

I agree 100%. They engine in a fire truck or any emergency vehicle has a hard life cause they’re cranked and to the floor board then idle for no telling how long then done the same way back to the station then shut off. According to EPA emergency vehicles only produce 1% compared to all the other Diesel engines

Cummins has emergency vehicle specific calibrations. They dont do away with emmisions but they do supress derates and shutdowns so you can get were your going regardless of emmision troubles. However there is also other solutions available.

What is the issue you’re having? I’m a retired Cummins certified technician with 20 years of experience. I may be able to help you