Thread: Traction control removal

Default Traction control removal

What are the benefits of traction control removal? I would think having this enabled would hinder the ability to have burnouts. I've already searched the forum, found a post where mytinker (sp?) was asking what values to set for complete traction control removal. He listed a few values, but nobody gave a final answer.
    2003 2500HD,E-Fans, LT headers, Corsa catback, Outlaw intake.

The benefit of traction control removal is that you get to buy new tires more often and when you need to make a grand exit, you can do so with an abundance of tire smoke. Aside from that, the chief benefit is that you don't have to worry about power being reduced under conditions of light tire spin. Rather than complete removal, it's usually better (depends on the vehicle/operating condition combination) to reduce the aggressiveness of the settings. If you play with it enough, you can get to the point where you just haze the tires during full throttle accels. That frequently leads to better and more consistent 60-foot times than can be achieved with an educated right foot.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Hey DFE1,

Any suggestions for tales to modify, and a strategy? I know the tables you are talking about but haven't found the sweet spot yet. I also find in the wet the car can get "exciting"
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Andrew-
    The "sweet spot" will vary considerably, depending on horsepower, vehicle weight, gearing and tires. I've found that throttle control is usually way too aggressive in most stock settings and it just kills momentum. If wheelspin isn't too bad, you can eliminate most if not all of the pedal torque limit reduction (B6612) and work with the spark retard tables (B6603, 04 and 05) to dial things in. If you pull out what you think is a reasonable amount of spark, and wheelspin is still excessive, then start adding pedal control back in a little at a time. Hope this helps.

Dave
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Thanks mate... Mine is cable control throttle (not ETC). I also have a table B1902 which seems to relate to TCS.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Thanks mate... Mine is cable control throttle (not ETC). I also have a table B1902 which seems to relate to TCS.
    Camaros have the same Traction Control tables as ETC vehicles. These cars have an electronic interface (I call it a kicker) that will actually kick the throttle closed- you can actually feel it in the pedal. Apparently, Holden doesn't use this because the B6612 table is all zeros. There are values in the Camaro tables. In any event, you should be able to use the B6603, 04 and 05 tables because the values in the Holden tun file I looked appear to be legitimate.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

The Holden has the "kicker" as well, I HATE IT
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Cool --- so instead of switching off TC for a quarter mile run, I could go in and modify the table? Wow, lots of great stuff in the PCM it seems
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    The benefit of traction control removal is that you get to buy new tires more often ...
    Ah yes, but then again you get to buy rear brake pads less often.

I don't have ASR on my Camaro but I remember a post back on (the old) ls1.com where a guy complained that he was wearing out his rear pads more often than the front. When I asked if he had ASR, he replied, "Hey! How did know that?"