Has this been done successfully? I am currently using HPT and I am thinking of buying EFI live if I can around an issue I am having.

This is a 2016 Chevy Malibu 2.0 LTG w/E80ECM in an Airboat with the only module connected is the FPCM. There are no speed sensors as well.

The issue I have with HPT is that the Driver Demand tables are being ignored and something else has control. Increasing/decreasing DD has no effect on commanded axle torque, so I started making major changes and finally zeroed out all of the demand tables including the limp mode table. The funny thing is even with the tables zeroed the throttle still functioned the same. I suspect missing control modules like traction control module and BCM are causing the ECM to default to a backup table or HPT does not have them mapped properly.

I have tried flashing a manual trans tune with the RPM based tables instead of speed with same results. I have not had issues with e92 swaps and most of the responses from forums is "had to switch back to e39" or "can't make power with the e80" but, no one seems to have an understanding why. I think it is related to the ECM not responding to changes in these tables.

I have had a ticket open with HPT since the end of June and I don't think it is being worked on. So, if anyone has successfully been able to make power with EFI Live on the E80 ECM in a swap please let me know. I would also consider using EFI live even if it currently does not work as long as they would work on it as I have 2 more LTG swaps in process.

Thanks

Bill