Thread: Looking for a Cal to Segment Swap

Default Looking for a Cal to Segment Swap

Hello, I have a 1950 Chevy 3100 we are wrapping up with a 2010 Based 5.3L and with a TKX 5 speed manual trans behind it. I have the VSS wires pinned into the PCM connector but cannot for the life of me get the VSS to actually read. I am guessing it has something to do with the PCM being an Auto based PCM. Wondering if there is any help or if anyone has a Matching OS cal from a Vette or Camaro that i can try to segment swap to get it working, unless there is another way to get this working that I am not aware of.
    Last edited by Schwanke Engines; September 26th, 2022 at 07:25 AM.

Update: I have gotten the Speedo to read something, not I just have to figure out why the scale is so messed up It reads 60mph at 10mph and at 40mph it pegs 150mph on the gauge and reading via Scan tool. I am not sure where I need to adjust to make everything happy with this, but the idle wants to hang very high because of the speed it is seeing.

Alright so now I have the issue remedied, I said screw it and just bypassed the PCM and ran the VSS wires direct to the Dakota Digital Module to get vehicle speed since it is apparently an issue for these computers to process a real VSS. What I am after now is a stock 4.8L/5.3L truck cal with a Manual Trans. I assume some sort of work truck cal with a 4.8L/ NV3500 trans setup or something along those lines if anyone has one Id greatly appreciate you sharing it.