Thread: Is it my tune?

Angry Is it my tune?

This is a 2007.5 LMM in a 2007 Kodiak C4500 bus: Someone had cut the CAT off it and it was throwing the following error codes: P2033 (EGT sensor), P0546 (EGT sensor), and P0381 (Glow Plug Indicator). These are all emissions related codes.

I flashed my ECM with EFILive single tune. And now I get the following codes: P0088 (High Fuel Rail Pressure), P0526 (Fan Speed Sensor Circuit), and P0381 (Glow Plug Indicator). None of these codes showed in the initial read before the tune was installed. (except the P0381 wait to start lamp).

Since the codes that are now derating it (still in limp mode), did not show until after the tune was installed, my diesel mechanic believes that the threshold settings in the tune are to blame. All of this is after (2) 200 mile round trips to the truck, a tow bill for 230 miles (round trip), and 7+ hours mechanics charges.

Does this sound like a tune issue? If it is I am not going to be a happy camper since I have over $1,000 extra spent and several weeks of down-time. Waiting now for DieselR to call me back. The original plan was to install the tune so I could drive it back to our shop and fix the exhaust issue. Now I have spent over a grand and still have a truck in limp mode that I can't use. What should I do?

Yes, it's possible you have a tune problem. Where did you get your tune? If any of the segments in the tune you flashed are different than your stock tune, it's likely not compatible. If you read out your stock tune, just turn off the 2 EGT codes, and reflash it. That will at least tell you where to go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennydmaxguy View Post
    Yes, it's possible you have a tune problem. Where did you get your tune? If any of the segments in the tune you flashed are different than your stock tune, it's likely not compatible. If you read out your stock tune, just turn off the 2 EGT codes, and reflash it. That will at least tell you where to go next.
    Lenny,
    I got the tune from Unlimited Diesels, however, I found out it was written by DieselR in Alberta, Canada. I did not have a stock tune, so they had to locate one as a base to start from. After putting in the tune, the two EGT codes disappeared, but they were replaced by two new ones that were not emissions related. The fuel and fan speed codes were not there prior to the flash. On Tuesday a support ticket was opened with DieselR... but when I finally got someone on the phone today I was informed that they had a back-log, hadn't looked at my tune, and may not until maybe next week.

Bump... Been 3 days now since I filed a support ticket with DieselR. Was told on the phone that they are going to try and look at my tune today. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this?

I'm assuming you have an Autocal from DieselR, so you'll have to work through them as far as an Efilive solution is concerned. If you have a Flashscan, that's a different story. The other option would be to have the vehicle flashed by GM, either at a dealer, or a shop with that capability. That way you'll at least have a clean stock tune to work with.

I hope this got sorted out by now but if it hasn't feel free to contact me and will get you squared away with some proper tunes and a stock file. We are not resellers so you won't have this issue.