Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with no start issue

It looks like I've been helping you on the "E38 Idle".

I'd continue it here, as I don't want to get too far into issues on that thread which is dedicated to "Idle" only.

Lifetime Member

okay. I'm home and looking through the tune you posted. to disable flex fuel do I just set B0178 to No? and plug the maf sensor wire back in after setting p0101/3 to one trip and log maf g/s. I added to the ve because I did get it to idle at one point but afr was pegged at 18.5. For the ecu torque outbut pid. which one is it? TRQTRANS (Delivered torque) or ENGTORQUE_M (Calc engine torque for CAN bus). To get the efans to come on sooner will I need to do the operating system patch for efans, B9904? What is the coolant modded head gasket? I googled it and could not find anything
    2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV. BTR 218/224 .553/.553 110LSA. Built 6L80 with 278mm Circle D 2800 stall converter.

Lifetime Member

I finally braved the cold, its 30 right now lol, to upload the updated tune and test it out. it started right up. reved to 1500 then settled in around 1000rpm. AFR was good at first but soon after went way lean. would that be too much idle air or not enough in the vve? attaching the updated tune and log of it idleing. timing was a little high. need to adjust the timing tables to bring it back down to 15-20.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV. BTR 218/224 .553/.553 110LSA. Built 6L80 with 278mm Circle D 2800 stall converter.

Quote Originally Posted by andysc3 View Post
    I finally braved the cold, its 30 right now lol, to upload the updated tune and test it out. it started right up. reved to 1500 then settled in around 1000rpm. AFR was good at first but soon after went way lean. would that be too much idle air or not enough in the vve? attaching the updated tune and log of it idleing. timing was a little high. need to adjust the timing tables to bring it back down to 15-20.
    I'll take a look
    Glad it started right up for you. That's a positive.

Lifetime Member

It definitely is. Been driving a buddies car while I worked on it and he is about ready to get it back. I did play around with the dvt idle controls some. Took it down to 700rpm. Any lower the idle would get rough and would start to hunt. And timing dropped to 10*

So, when it comes to fueling, you CAN'T start with a "cold start".
    You have to do Spark/drive-ability/fuel tuning FIRST. Then you can work on Cold Starts here and there over time.

So, it may be going lean, but you can't do anything about that till the fueling is fully tuned, warm/hot.

Here, I made a few changes for you:E38 - 2011 CAD ESCALADE - FORUM HELP (12639835) - GT + BTR CAM + IDLE + NO FF + NO MAF.ctz

I'm hoping this works for you with regards to the PID's:E38 - NA TUNING.pld

It definitely is. Been driving a buddies car while I worked on it and he is about ready to get it back. I did play around with the dvt idle controls some. Took it down to 700rpm. Any lower the idle would get rough and would start to hunt. And timing dropped to 10*

Hahhahahah, I can imagine.

Ok, in the DVT, you need to put the idle speed at a certain RPM, and then put it at a locked timing. Raise timing till you get the most vacuum, then back it down till the vacuum goes down (higher KPa). In between those numbers will be a great starting point for your Idle timing in the Base tables.
    Set your RPM to where is "feels" good. The engine will tell you when it doesn't like something.

Warm it up. Then go driving and dial in your AFR while it's warm. I would worry about timing AFTER you get the AFR close and it driving nice.
    Because off idle, you'll want to LOWER the timing (to help prevent surge and bucking). You'll want to lower the timing in the heavy loaded area to prevent knock.
    You'll want to raise timing in the higher RPM area. But this is all based on the datalog.

Lifetime Member

okay. so next step would be to make sure its idling, if its good and when it's at temp do an easy test drive and log. then correct spark and fueling as needed? and for the vve map, does it matter which imtv na map i use? open vs closed.

okay. so next step would be to make sure its idling, if its good and when it's at temp do an easy test drive and log. then correct spark and fueling as needed? and for the vve map, does it matter which imtv na map i use? open vs closed.
    Pretty much!

You want the "Actual" (which is your wideband) and the "commanded" (your ECM tells you this in the datalog) to match. IF they match, you're good!

You are going to adjust table: B8101. Then you are going to copy the entire table and paste it into table: B8102. Also, under the Virtual VE tab, to make it easy, always add a "checkmark" in the box: "Auto Update Coefficients". That way, when you make a change to that table, it carries over to the "real" table that modifies the actual fueling of the vehicle.

MAKE SURE B8101 AND B8102 MATCH.

Lifetime Member

awesome. thank you. Guess its time to take it off the blocks lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast