Thread: single wire P/N in gear setting

Default single wire P/N in gear setting

hey guys, do we have a setting for LS1B to cang the gear selector to the single gray wire for P/N and in gear setting like in HP tuners ? if not can we get the setting added please, ive just tuned a boat with a camed LS1 and im having trouble with it stalling when its put into reverse, got it pretty good going into forward but the extra load of reverse is stalling out, everyting seems to be working as it should, its adding timing and air but not fast enough.
    not sure if setting it up to add extra air when its put into gear is going to help or not but im out of ideas at the moment, i thought maybe a less aggressive pitch on the propellor and the guy will tri that as he does have another propellor but it means he will have to run it at higher rpm for barefoot skiing.

thanks
    pete.

ive added log file, its put into gear around frame 933 and dies from there
    Attached Files Attached Files

The P/N switch is a single wire input to the PCM...

let me check some wiring diagrams.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The P/N switch is a single wire input to the PCM...

let me check some wiring diagrams.
    hello, its been about 10 years since i needed it last, it was on a VZ drag car that wasn't happy about going into gear, it was pin 18 on blue connector from memory, but it had to be changed from (PRNDL) too (P/N only) with HP tuners for it to work.

the other thing i ve been looking at is he put a 71deg c thermostat in it and its running around 68deg in the log file i posted and it is set to not learn idle until 80deg, wonder if it learns its idle it might have more of a chance of not stalling ?
    i was in a hurry the other day as we were in the lake and a storm was coming, i bumped the desired airflow upto 20G/S and it inproved it, but being a hand control for in gear and throttle you cant put it in gear with throttle at the same time

Not sure what base file you are using but for example a 2002 Camaro has a Park/Neutral ground input at terminal 34 of the Blue (C1) connector. It was an orange/black wire that had a ground in the Park or Neutral shift lever positions. For the early LS1B PCM's I do not see the option to change this setting. It is in EFI_Live for the later 2003 PCM's. Look for (G1208) parameter.
    Al

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PN.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	24257
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Not sure what base file you are using but for example a 2002 Camaro has a Park/Neutral ground input at terminal 34 of the Blue (C1) connector. It was an orange/black wire that had a ground in the Park or Neutral shift lever positions. For the early LS1B PCM's I do not see the option to change this setting. It is in EFI_Live for the later 2003 PCM's. Look for (G1208) parameter.
    Al

hello, Thanks for the reply, yes thats the setting im after but i dont have it, only has (G1206)vehicle platform=holden.

still not sure if that will fix my problem though. like i say ive got the desired airflow at 20g/s and its still stalling when put into reverse.

edit. well maybe it would work, i just looked at the tune i did last time and at 92deg ive got 14g/s in park and just under 19g/s in gear, so maybe it needs 25g/s in gear or something like that, but yeah still cant change that setting.
    Last edited by turbo; November 3rd, 2022 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    Al

just had a look at a camaro file that i have OS 12212156 and it doesn't have G1208 on my computer. sad face lol.

i dont find G1208 in any of my tune files.

think it may have been blue connector 34 that is a white wire, problem is im color blind and it was about ten years ago lol.
    Last edited by turbo; November 3rd, 2022 at 12:04 PM.